My phone is in a boot menu, help.

Lewellyn

So I don't know exactly what I did, but my phone is now on a boot menu. I don't want to reset my phone, so how do I get out of it and back to normal mode?

The options I have are:

HBOOT

RAMDUMP

REBOOT

REBOOT FASTBOOT

POWER DOWN

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

What were you doing that caused this? Are you trying to root your phone?

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

Just now, Joegeddon said:

What were you doing that caused this? Are you trying to root your phone?

I haven't tried to root my phone nor intend to.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Just reboot. You might have accidentally triggered the boot menu.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

3 minutes ago, Aytex said:

reboot

you prob held down the volume+power too long

2 minutes ago, Joegeddon said:

Just reboot. You might have accidentally triggered the boot menu.

I just selected reboot and it brings me back to the same screen. If it's relevant it says *** locked *** at the top and FASTBOOT is highlighted above my options.

What phone do you have? XDA Developers will probably be more of a help than LTT Forum.

Just now, Joegeddon said:

What phone do you have? XDA Developers will probably be more of a help than LTT Forum.

HTC Desire 610

1 minute ago, ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen said:

HTC Desire 610

I only have experience with the NVIDIA SHIELD tablet in terms of it's boot menus etc. Sorry.

3 minutes ago, SparkyRain said:

Just pull the battery.

Are you sure?

1 minute ago, ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen said:

Are you sure?

It's not booted up, that's save to do. Or select power down with volume + then press power button.

1 minute ago, SparkyRain said:

It's not booted up, that's save to do. Or select power down with volume + then press power button.

Uh, what?

Select power down, then when do you press volume (which direction) and power button?

Just now, ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen said:

Uh, what?

Select power down, then when do you press volume (which direction) and power button?

Volume + or Volume - is select item on htc. Power button is confirm on htc recovery.

3 minutes ago, SparkyRain said:

Volume + or Volume - is select item on htc. Power button is confirm on htc recovery.

I know how to navigate the menu, I'm asking what item I select. My battery is not easily accessible, I'd have to take it into a store for them to remove the back and remove the battery.

Just now, ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen said:

I know how to navigate the menu, I'm asking what item I select. My battery is not easily accessible, I'd have to take it into a store for them to remove the back and remove the battery.

POWER DOWN

Just now, SparkyRain said:

POWER DOWN

Power Down brings me back to the same boot menu, I can't get to my normal phone.

In the fastboot menu, REBOOT, REBOOT FASTBOOT, and POWER DOWN all bring me back to the boot menu. I can't use my device.

In the HBOOT menu there are these options:

FASTBOOT (takes me back to the fastboot menu)

RECOVERY

FACTORY RESET

SIMLOCK

CHECK SMARTSD

IMAGE CRC

SHOW BARCODE

Still have no idea how to fix this, there are absolutely no guides on the internet aside from people who fucked up in flashing ROMS, but that's not what I did.

I have pictures, if that helps any.

Spoiler

IMG_0662.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG