Making Cooler Master cpu fan quieter

No

it seems like my sleeve bearing cooler runs at a single rpm all the time because i hear no changes during gaming and idle

can i harmlessly change the rpm at certain temps? i have an fx 8320

my cooler is not a 212 evo, its like a mini version

i just want to make this fucking thing less quiet

pretty sure there are couple fan controlling softwares you can use

if you have an asus board, see if it supports fan xpert, its an excellent software

if not, then i guess there's speedfan?

or your bios might allow you to tweak it

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Usually you can plug your CPU fan into the CPU fan header which will ramp the fan up and down as your CPU gets warm. You can often change the curve at which it does this, but usually its a PWM header and not all boards have support for this functionality on 3 pin, non pwm fans. If that sentence made sense :S 

ASU

4 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Usually you can plug your CPU fan into the CPU fan header which will ramp the fan up and down as your CPU gets warm. You can often change the curve at which it does this, but usually its a PWM header and not all boards have support for this functionality on 3 pin, non pwm fans. If that sentence made sense :S 

Isn't 3-pin speed control done through voltage control not PWM (turning it on and off really fast)?

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

1 minute ago, Ryoutarou97 said:

Isn't 3-pin speed control done through voltage control not PWM (turning it on and off really fast)?

That's what I was trying to say. I don't think all motherboards support changing voltage through their fan headers, but perhaps on the CPU fan header.

ASU