Raid 0 worth it

Hi, I am planning to get an SSD as a boot drive and get two 1Tb HDD and tun them in raid 0 so games load faster. Is it worth going for raid 0 or should I just get a 2Tb HDD?

thanks

no, raid on consumer motherboards sucks

just use a single HDD

its fast enough for games

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I personally think it´s not worth it, really. A friend of mine had the same configuration and the RAID broke apart when he reinstalled windows or something which ended in 2 HDDs with corrupted files. I´d either recommend 2TB or 2x1TB with RAID 1 to have real redundancy in case one busts.

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

Just now, MatthewLynch said:

Hi, I am planning to get an SSD as a boot drive and get two 1Tb HDD and tun them in raid 0 so games load faster. Is it worth going for raid 0 or should I just get a 2Tb HDD?

thanks

A software RAID 0 is a terrible idea it you are not having an UPS and ECC memory. And the hardware controllers on the consumer MoBos are also quite terrible when they expereince a sudden power loss. If you can, use ~50 GByte of your SSD as cache for the HDDs if you really need more speed.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil