Is My Microphone Really Dead? (ModMic)

theninja35
Go to solution Solved by darealsoulless,
15 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

I've recently gotten back into TS, and the first thing I notice is that my microphone is not popping up bright blue in TS when I talk. So I tried changing the settings and nothing worked. Come back into TS and my friend says it's just static. Check the settings in TS, bam, just static, ya know? So I was wondering if I could do anything about this, and if anyone had ideas.

My cable just before the mute/unmute adapter looks kinda "cut", but neither the copper wire nor the yarn-thing looks cut, just the wrapping on the outside (black part). So I don't really know if that would be bad (just because I want it to be okay).

I am using the newest ModMic and I just got it for Christmas.

Even small cuts in the rubber or braided sheathe of the cables can cause damage. Believe it or not. My G710+ had just a tiny little hairline cut on the sheathe of the thick main cable that comes out of the back of the keyboard and it stopped working. Even though upon investigating the copper wire was in perfect condition. It's probably dead.

I've recently gotten back into TS, and the first thing I notice is that my microphone is not popping up bright blue in TS when I talk. So I tried changing the settings and nothing worked. Come back into TS and my friend says it's just static. Check the settings in TS, bam, just static, ya know? So I was wondering if I could do anything about this, and if anyone had ideas.

My cable just before the mute/unmute adapter looks kinda "cut", but neither the copper wire nor the yarn-thing looks cut, just the wrapping on the outside (black part). So I don't really know if that would be bad (just because I want it to be okay).

15 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Even small cuts in the rubber or braided sheathe of the cables can cause damage. Believe it or not. My G710+ had just a tiny little hairline cut on the sheathe of the thick main cable that comes out of the back of the keyboard and it stopped working. Even though upon investigating the copper wire was in perfect condition. It's probably dead.

~` please , don't let my whole life burn down `~

- why can't i just focus right now? -

; i'm tired ;

1 hour ago, GR1MES said:

Okay. I'll try to persuade AntLion to help me out with a new one (like that will work...) and if not, then I'll just have to deal with it and eventually get a Blue Snowball or Yeti.