creating new audio setup?

_ASSASSIN_

so I have a couple questions, so please read before you reply

1. I'm looking for some headphones that can compete with the HD 598 but at a lower price point if that's even possible? recommendations for headsets < or = $200
2. I'm looking for an amp solution for around $100-150, looking at either the objective 2 or the schiit magni, anything that's even better (no goddamn fiio's I'm looking for 2 seperate boxes)
3. dac solution for $100, don't have a single clue on what to get there, help please?

2. Definitely go with Schiit.

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

My new favorite headphone is the Pioneer SE-A1000. They're cheap.due to low demand, but sound great.

You can get a separate ODAC to match an O2 AMP. Wouldn't recommend Schiit.

My new favorite headphone is the Pioneer SE-A1000. They're cheap.due to low demand, but sound great.

k, thanks man

also, anything that would be $100 for headphones

1. I'm looking for some headphones that can compete with the HD 598 but at a lower price point if that's even possible? recommendations for headsets < or = $200

2. I'm looking for an amp solution for around $100-150, looking at either the objective 2 or the schiit magni, anything that's even better (no goddamn fiio's I'm looking for 2 seperate boxes)

3. dac solution for $100, don't have a single clue on what to get there, help please?

I've said in many threads what's wrong with schiit. There amps are glorified CMOY amps with way to much gain. They won't sound good unless you have a high impedance headphone. their DAC is more of the same, just a cheap crappy chip with a nice looking case. Stay away from schiit.

The benchmark in that price range is the o2+ODAC. You can buy them separately for roughly $260, and we have a 5% discount to all LTT members, so it would be best for you to take advantage for that.

As for the headphones, you need to tell us what kind of music you listen too, what kind of type of sound you like (bass, mids, highs) or a combination of the three.

My recommendation is going to be the DT 990's, they are my new favorite. If you want to try something exotic, you can look for FA-011's.

I've said in many threads what's wrong with schiit. There amps are glorified CMOY amps with way to much gain. They won't sound good unless you have a high impedance headphone. their DAC is more of the same, just a cheap crappy chip with a nice looking case. Stay away from schiit.

The benchmark in that price range is the o2+ODAC. You can buy them separately for roughly $260, and we have a 5% discount to all LTT members, so it would be best for you to take advantage for that.

As for the headphones, you need to tell us what kind of music you listen too, what kind of type of sound you like (bass, mids, highs) or a combination of the three.

My recommendation is going to be the DT 990's, they are my new favorite. If you want to try something exotic, you can look for FA-011's.

I listen to tons of eletronic, pretty much exclusively, so I would like something that is good in all 3 sectors and I listen to both bass heavy, and chip tune which is treble heavy, but I still like having good mids

am I asking too much haha, but really, I want a balanced set of cans, that's why I was looking into the HD 598

I listen to tons of eletronic, pretty much exclusively, so I would like something that is good in all 3 sectors and I listen to both bass heavy, and chip tune which is treble heavy, but I still like having good mids

am I asking too much haha, but really, I want a balanced set of cans, that's why I was looking into the HD 598

I wouldn't consider the 598's balanced really. I think the DT 990's fit the bill with you, but if you want something neutral you might have to spend more money than you are willing too.

Headphones are really subjective, so what I think is good, you might hate it. So try and buy headphones where you can easily return them (Most eBay stores/amazon).

AKG Q701's are probably the most neutral set of headphones in that price range, but they might be uncomfortable to you.

So it goes like this

If you want a fun headphone, that has nice deep bass, and an emphasis towards highs (like you asked) the DT 990's can't fit the bill better. (roughly $120-150, I bought mine for $100)

If you want a neutral headphone, check out the Q701's. They are nuetral, but don't hit as hard as the 990's, and they are more expensive (roughly $200)

i just bought  pair of headphone which are insane, they have an impressive quality and they are 100$

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjVko_71B2M

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SRH440-Professional-Studio-Headphones/dp/B002DP1FTU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1379801410&sr=1-1&keywords=shure+srh440

for the amd/dac i will go for the Fiio Olympus E10 (60$)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnu3wxW7cBI

http://www.amazon.com/Fiio-E10-USB-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B005VO7LG6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1379801565&sr=1-1&keywords=fiio+e10

I wouldn't consider the 598's balanced really. I think the DT 990's fit the bill with you, but if you want something neutral you might have to spend more money than you are willing too.

Headphones are really subjective, so what I think is good, you might hate it. So try and buy headphones where you can easily return them (Most eBay stores/amazon).

AKG Q701's are probably the most neutral set of headphones in that price range, but they might be uncomfortable to you.

So it goes like this

If you want a fun headphone, that has nice deep bass, and an emphasis towards highs (like you asked) the DT 990's can't fit the bill better. (roughly $120-150, I bought mine for $100)

If you want a neutral headphone, check out the Q701's. They are nuetral, but don't hit as hard as the 990's, and they are more expensive (roughly $200)

eh, the Q701's are tad bit expensive, but I might just save up for them, I prefer listening to my music the way it was intended imo

eh, the Q701's are tad bit expensive, but I might just save up for them, I prefer listening to my music the way it was intended imo

If you hunt around on eBay you can find a good deal.

I got a pair brand new for $189 with free shipping if I remember. That's as about as neutral as you can get for the money IMO.

also, anything that would be $100 for headphones

The Pioneer SE-A1000 has an MSRP of $150 - they ARE a high end headphone and I wouldn't recommend someone something cheap when they ask for something under a budget like yours. Based on this Head-Fi thread they are roughly the same sounding as the Sennheiser HD 650, and my own experience with them confirms that graph. 

Anyways, if you're just looking for other recommendations in the price range, Mr. Mayflower's recommendation of the DT 990 is good, but I personally don't like the sound of the AKG's. They're amazing for acoustic music (stairway to heaven makes me shiver, and I don't even like that song), but the lack of bass doesn't let me enjoy the majority of my music collection.

Hmmm, headphone reccomendations:

well...

post-7799-0-05328100-1378325794.png

Also might I add the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro to that list.  That's basically a list of the headphones I would recommend at ANY price as overall best picks.  I might switch out the HD558s for something else eventually, but it's such a nice sounding comfortable design it would be silly to not include it at this point.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Hmmm, headphone reccomendations:

well...

Also might I add the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro to that list.  That's basically a list of the headphones I would recommend at ANY price as overall best picks.  I might switch out the HD558s for something else eventually, but it's such a nice sounding comfortable design it would be silly to not include it at this point.

Maybe add the names for the microphones and clarify that the ModMic is triple the price textually too. Very good image.

Maybe add the names for the microphones and clarify that the ModMic is triple the price textually too. Very good image.

ModMic isn't in the image - that's some random lapel for you Canadians since the Zalman is ridiculously expensive up there.