AIO NZXT Krakens

Hello guys,

I got all my parts for my new pc, but i haven't decided what cooler to buy.
I'm planning to get AIO cooler for clean esthetic looks, because my pc will have a side panel window, and it is Red Themed.
I have 80 euros to spend. I can get NZXT Kraken X31 or if i'd spent 15 more I can get X41. Which one should i get and why?
Is it difficult to install?

Thanks for your answers.
Yttrizy

CPU : i5-6600K @4.4ghz | GPU : MSI GTX 1060 | Mobo: Asus Z170-A Pro | Cooler: Kraken x41 | PSU: SSm12-520w | Keyboard :Corsair Strafe RGB /w Cherry mx Red | Mice:Steelseries rival 300 | 

AIO units are extremely easy to install, just install the cpu waterblock and screw in the radiator somewhere in your case. As for the cooler, do which one fits in your case better.

Honest opinion? Neither, the cooling of 120/140mm AIOs is pretty subpar and you can get better performing air coolers for less.

I wouldn't go less than a 240mm AIO if you want to go watercooling.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Just now, RileyGav said:

AIO units are extremely easy to install, just install the cpu waterblock and screw in the radiator somewhere in your case. As for the cooler, do which one fits in your case better.

It's an NZXT S340, red/black mat finish. I think it doesn't really matter that much if i have this case

CPU : i5-6600K @4.4ghz | GPU : MSI GTX 1060 | Mobo: Asus Z170-A Pro | Cooler: Kraken x41 | PSU: SSm12-520w | Keyboard :Corsair Strafe RGB /w Cherry mx Red | Mice:Steelseries rival 300 | 

Then buy the 41, better since it's newer, it wont get the lowest temps, but it'll do.

Does anyone know why the prices are different? They have the same rads. I dont really know about water cooling xD

up

1 minute ago, Yttrizy said:

Does anyone know why the prices are different? They have the same rads. I dont really know about water cooling xD

X31 has a 120mm radiator. X41 has a 140mm radiator.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

11 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Honest opinion? Neither, the cooling of 120/140mm AIOs is pretty subpar and you can get better performing air coolers for less.

I wouldn't go less than a 240mm AIO if you want to go watercooling.

I want to go for water cooling, just for the esthetics, not a big bulk of iron in the middle of my case. Since it is almost the same temps for same price, its cleaner

1 minute ago, MadG4mer said:

X61 ftw ;-)

no monay

3 minutes ago, Yttrizy said:

I want to go for water cooling, just for the esthetics, not a big bulk of iron in the middle of my case. Since it is almost the same temps for same price, its cleaner

Uh, no. You're not going to get as good temps with a 120/140mm AIO in comparison to a cheaper air cooler. But if you want to prioritise looks over performance, I can't stop you.

Unless your CPU is 'locked', I strongly advise going against watercooling.

Spoiler

You should consider the following coolers, op - 

Phanteks TC14-PE

Noctua NH-D15

Cryorig R1 Ultimate

Cryorig R1 Universal

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

4 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

Uh, no. You're not going to get as good temps with a 120/140mm AIO in comparison to a cheaper air cooler. But if you want to prioritise looks over performance, I can't stop you.

Unless your CPU is 'locked', I strongly advise going with watercooling.

I have an i5-6600k, planning to do a BIT of overclocking in a future, not much, like in 2 years so i'd still squeeze 60fps

4 hours ago, Fulgrim said:

You should consider the following coolers, op - 

Phanteks TC14-PE

Noctua NH-D15

Cryorig R1 Ultimate

Cryorig R1 Universal

we dont have any of these here ;/ Noctua NH-D14 is the closest i can get

5 minutes ago, Yttrizy said:

I have an i5-6600k, planning to do a BIT of overclocking in a future, not much, like in 2 years so i'd still squeeze 60fps

Oh well, I can't really do anything about it.

I'm a fan of the Cryorig H5 Ultimate - IMO it's a beautiful air cooler that should fit your case nicely.

Spoiler

S340_Images_06.png@YttrizyIn my opinion an AIO in the S340 only looks gone when its a 240 in the front, the rest of the time the tubing seems like its a bit hard to deal with. I'd go a 240/280 in the front or a nice air cooler that fits your colour scheme.

4 hours ago, l__T__l said:

@YttrizyIn my opinion an AIO in the S340 only looks gone when its a 240 in the front, the rest of the time the tubing seems like its a bit hard to deal with. I'd go a 240/280 in the front or a nice air cooler that fits your colour scheme.

Are there any Red/dark red/reddish black Air coolers ?

• 3 months later...
On 2016-04-23 at 4:50 PM, l__T__l said:

S340_Images_06.png@YttrizyIn my opinion an AIO in the S340 only looks gone when its a 240 in the front, the rest of the time the tubing seems like its a bit hard to deal with. I'd go a 240/280 in the front or a nice air cooler that fits your colour scheme.

BTW, where did you get this simulation photo?