Make your GTA IV EFLC look INSANE

Cheezzzus

Hey guys, I recently read an article about awesome GTA IV graphics and it reminded me of a tutorial I made a while back on how to make your GTA IV look awesome if you have a halfway decent pc. I know there are a lot of walkthroughs out there but I combined a bunch of them because I'm basically using five mods and the order you install them in is VERY important. Also I took the time and did some research for the optimal in-game settings to go with these mods. So if you want your game to look like this (keep in mind that this isnt even with a high end pc and still playable >25 fps):

post-38040-0-45290400-1379787867.jpgpost-38040-0-64294600-1379787875.jpgpost-38040-0-41176900-1379787884.jpgpost-38040-0-51312700-1379787896.jpgpost-38040-0-04883000-1379787909.jpgpost-38040-0-68795500-1379787917.jpgpost-38040-0-91584400-1379787929.jpgpost-38040-0-36908100-1379787943.jpgpost-38040-0-96743500-1379787954.jpgpost-38040-0-98419400-1379787967.jpgpost-38040-0-98419400-1379787967.jpgpost-38040-0-61826600-1379787981.jpgpost-38040-0-02448900-1379787991.jpgpost-38040-0-03806900-1379787998.jpgpost-38040-0-52384800-1379788000.jpgpost-38040-0-23400000-1379788005.jpg post-38040-0-41176900-1379787884.jpg

Only do this if your pc runs GTA IV at 30 fps on high settings, otherwise don't install iCEnhancer!

step 1. downloading everything needed:

iCEnhancer: http://www.shacknews.com/file/32415/grand-theft-auto-iv-icenhancer-21-final

iCEnhancer config: http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/rainbows-icenhancer-21-cinematic-config-f16017

Better city textures: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=5906 (i recommend using the torrent)

HD road textures: http://www.mediafire.com/?aczlzw12m4tlmr2

Environment mod: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=5726

Coronas: http://www.mediafire.com/?d4zzmijrd52

Step 2: Make a full backup of your EFLC folder

Step 3. Installing all the mods in the correct order:

The first mod you want to install is the iCEnhancer. For this first extract the files in the rar file to a location of your choice. Now for EFLC the folder you need is 1.0.7.0 - EFLC. Open the folder and simply copy everything in the main files folder. Now paste this in your EFLC game folder. Say yes to merge all maps, and yes to replace the files. OPTIONAL (do this if you are having problems with the red sky): go into the shaders folder and open the rar file, copy the shaders map. Now go to EFLC\common and paste, merge folder and replace files as usual.

Now you want to go on and unpack the environment mod. If you've done this simply copy all the folders inside the grand theft auto IV map. Paste these in your EFLC, and again merge folders and replace files.

the next step isnt required, it just makes the game look better and run smoother if you have a decent pc. you can try to optimize your game graphics yourself using the in-game options.

Now open up notepad and put this in:

-memrestrict 699145600

-forcehighqualitymirrors

-notimefix

-novblank

-noprecache

-framelimit 30

-novblank

-noprecache

-norestrictions

-noswapdelay

-renderquality 4

-shadowdensity 0

-viewdistance 0

-detailquality 100

-shadowquality 3

-reflectionquality 4

-reflectionresolution 2048

-shadowresolution 2048

-waterquality 0

-waterreflectionquality 5

-minspecaudio

-dx10

/high

Then click save as, and save the file in your EFLC game folder with the name "commandline.txt"

If there already is a commandline.txt, just paste the above commands in there and you're set.

Good now you can install the better city textures mod, open up the better city texture folder and open the folder called Grand theft auto IV. Now copy the map pc and paste in your EFLC game folder. Merge folders and replace files.

You're almost done now, open up the HD road textures and copy the map pc again and paste this in your EFLC game folder. Merge folders and replace files.

Now you go into the coronas file, then into the coronas folder and then copy the file coronas.wtd. Paste this file in EFLC\pc\textures. Replace the original coronas file.

Go to your iCenhancer config and choose "cinematic feel - Normal Gameplay" in here you want to copy iceconfig and iceshader.fx, paste these directly into your EFLC map. If your computer isnt that great (you get around 25-30 frames on high settings normally) open up the performance mode folder and copy that iceconfig, paste this into your EFLC map. For all the pasting, again just replace files.

Now you launch your game, if it crashes make sure you don't have any other programs running, in my case "core temp" made it crash.

Load up your game and go into options. Here you adjust your display settings to 50% brigthness, 20% contrast and 100% saturation for the best visual looks. And if you want to have the motion blur deselect the "definition" option. Only do this if your pc can handle everything at max otherwise it will look more pixelated that blurred!

ENJOY!

Sadly for a normal GTA IV install I don't know exactly what to do but you need to make it "modable" first. In this case google will be your best friend as I have no experience with modding the regular GTA IV. 

If you want to try other mods there is also "ultimate graphics tweak", "ENB by Vucko" and much more HD or 4k textures out there. There are also crazy vegetation mods and mods that make the cars even better. 

Warning You might experience a red sky at times, don't worry nothing is broken this just occurs at times when you are running all these mods together ;)

If you have a superbeast pc you might wanna turn up all the settings in iCEnhancer and really get blown away by the textures and graphics! Imagine what we could do with a good GTA V port...

ps I did a quick search through the forum and didnt find another thread like this, but if there is one please don't get all mad ;)

Quick system specs: MotherboardAsus P5Q-PRO CPUIntel Q9550 @ 3.7 ghz GPUEVGA Geforce GTX 570 HD superclocked RAM6 gigs of ddr2-800 (ouch) DrivesSeagate 320 GB drive for windows and some apps, Seagate 1000 GB drive for games and documents OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit If you think its bad... it runs crysis 3 (almost) maxed out: youtu.be/dL3PNorbub8

Project [bBB]: This is a clickable link

Imagine what we could do with a good GTA V port...

From what they say its the other way around - Port versions got the console "gamers". Original V was made for PC.

And for waiting for GTA V ive got this:

eOUthnU.jpg

Drift in IV is a joke...

From those who dont know the place - its starting point of downhill from Akina Hill from Initial D anime.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

From what they say its the other way around - Port versions got the console "gamers". Original V was made for PC.

eOUthnU.jpg

Drift in IV is a joke...

From those who dont know the place - its starting point of downhill from Akina Hill from Initial D anime.

Is that San Andreas?

There's iCEnhancer on regular GTA IV, too....

yes I know that, but if you would have read closely you would have seen that you'll mostly need to make your GTA IV modable. As I've never done this I can't assure you this will always work...

Quick system specs: MotherboardAsus P5Q-PRO CPUIntel Q9550 @ 3.7 ghz GPUEVGA Geforce GTX 570 HD superclocked RAM6 gigs of ddr2-800 (ouch) DrivesSeagate 320 GB drive for windows and some apps, Seagate 1000 GB drive for games and documents OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit If you think its bad... it runs crysis 3 (almost) maxed out: youtu.be/dL3PNorbub8

eOUthnU.jpg

Drift in IV is a joke...

Hmm that would be extremely awesome, I really hope that's true!

Is that San Andreas?

San Andreas with ENB, Akina Hill mod that i retextured with Lan EVO VI car. Playing San Andreas everyday to do uphill and downhill run. From time to time i do time trials - im waaaay past 2:50 on downhill...

Ministry of StopIt!

San Andreas with ENB, Akina Hill mod that i retextured with Lan EVO VI car. Playing San Andreas everyday to do uphill and downhill run. From time to time i do time trials - im waaaay past 2:50 on downhill...

Well, I guess ill be installing GTA SA soon. Good thing I bought the second edition for 2 bucks at walmart brand new (clearance) 

it makes gta v look like atari 2600

Dude you are comparing GTA V on Consoles!

Wait for PC version then compare. More to it - wait for PC version and mods to it to destroy IV with any kind of mods.

Ministry of StopIt!

Sadly GTA 4 latest version on steam is incompatible with most ENB mods

rockstar did good.

hats off to you guys,

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

you guys think that those pics look good..hahaha!!! check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIMHT51C1f0&feature=youtu.be

it makes gta v look like atari 2600

Those pics are screenshots taken with my rig which isn't the best, this tutorial is meant for people who's system isn't the best so they can squeeze the most out of GTA IV. With a higher end system you can set the settings way higher and turn down the saturation. Enabling filmic tonemapping will make it look basically photorealistic, like the video you linked. A quick search on YouTube for iCEnhancer will show you the power of this mod ;)

tl;dr I'm just making it more accessible for people with a system like mine :)