Gtx 970 or R9 380 for next build ? ( or just wait for next gen cards ?)

so, i have a built that started back in 2012 and was finished 2013. i'm reasonably pleased whit the components for what i paid. the reason i'm gonna make a new rig is because i wanna have a Lan pc that actually can pull through the resent games which my old one couldn't ( rip lan pc from 2010) if you read the specks on my current rig, you would probably think that i'm either an idiot or a rich idiot, which isn't far of.

i'm going full out retard on this lan pc, but i gonna do it because i can. i got so much hardware so i don't need to save on making an pc that has the main funktion to pay taxes, buy stuff from the internet and write documents, as usually is the family pc. the fact that the rig i have now was basically brand new when i got them which means it's a very capable gaming pc, but i'm extremely pissed at how amd handels their software and i ONLY have bad experience with amds products for the last 5 years. the last lan pc died when the gpu killed the motherboard and cpu. the last rig i built that wasn't for me had a faulty "amd cpu" and all the annoying and buggy software levas you with frustration and makes the rest of the day miserable.

so i gonna make a new pc with preferably a gtx card so i can take advantage of shadow play and other Nvidia exclusives. so i gonna go overkill with my new lan pc, maybe even make a combo unit by taking advice from LTT themselves by making a Nas & gaming pc in one. i suspect that the advice i gonna get is somewhere along the line :- just cheap out and upgrade what i have now and make an other cheaper lan pc, which i would have done otherwise, because it makes seance unlike what i'm thinking of doing.  

so, if i haven't made it clear inaf because i can't think clear in the milde of the night, i gonna turn this reasonably new gaming pc to a secondary but mainly in to a overkill lan pc so i won't have to upgrade the thing in the near future and make a new main pc which i gonna have my main accounting stuff and other accounts which i deem to important to get stolen and so on. and on the second pc i can have all my games on and use for all the other stuff i possibly could need it for that i wouldn't dear install on my main pc. so to the actual question (how not to write a post.txt) should i go with a gtx 970 and later get a second card to sli with if deemed necessary, go with any of the amd 300 series and see how it fears compared to the upcoming cards, or just wait intill the new cards are about to release.

just before you roast me because of my poor grammar, i have really bad sight and and i also suffer from dyslexia.

I'm really confused. Are you wondering what card to use for a new, overkill system? What is the new computer going to be used for?

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

dont get a 970 if you want to SLI, it aparently does verry poorly with SLI. well i would go for a single 970 or a 380/390/390x because they are all capable 1080p cards, but its probably best to wait untill the new generation is here and the old cards drop in price. also what are the other planed specs of the PC?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

10 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

I'm really confused. Are you wondering what card to use for a new, overkill system? What is the new computer going to be used for?

sorry for being so confusing, i gonna make a new main pc for just personal stuff that i gonna use for my main game accounts , paying over the internet and write stuff, and with the current rig i will re purpose as a game pc for lan partys or for friends to play on without using my main rig 

something i didn't think of. thanks for pointing that out, as i wouldn't otherwise thought it would be such a problem.