I switched to Android from iOS, I don't get group messages anymore

Speedyv

I'm in a group chat with a bunch of people with iPhones and I switched to android from an apple device and I no longer get the group messages. They use imessage, but shouldn't the whole group go off of imessage when one person goes off?

How can I get the messages?

System: Thinkpad T460

6 minutes ago, Speedyv said:

I'm in a group chat with a bunch of people with iPhones and I switched to android from an apple device and I no longer get the group messages. They use imessage, but shouldn't the whole group go off of imessage when one person goes off?

How can I get the messages?

De-reg your number from iMessage:

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

7 minutes ago, royalcrown said:

I hear you have to call apple to properly fix it.

It's as if they want to make this as difficult as possible... Oh wait. They probably do.

I read a lot on it when i switched from my Galaxy S7 to my Iphone 6s 2 weeks ago. It seems that sometimes it gets fixed while other people have had to totally delete their apple ID or have their friends delete them off their contact list and re add them with imessage turned off, then text them with MMS. Seems like a mess. Good luck and please let us know what fixes it.

I don't even get the point of Imessage as MMS pretty much does all that imessage does afaik.

5 minutes ago, royalcrown said:

I don't even get the point of Imessage as MMS pretty much does all that imessage does afaik.

But dont you love using more data and knowing when the other person is typing??? :P

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

10 minutes ago, Speedyv said:

I've already done that....

Now its time to call apple, run around in circles and scream. No like legit go call them and they should be able to help.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

9 minutes ago, royalcrown said:

I read a lot on it when i switched from my Galaxy S7 to my Iphone 6s 2 weeks ago. It seems that sometimes it gets fixed while other people have had to totally delete their apple ID or have their friends delete them off their contact list and re add them with imessage turned off, then text them with MMS. Seems like a mess. Good luck and please let us know what fixes it.

iMessage can send pictures/videos and messages over wifi and not use the carrier texting network. It's especially useful for pics/vids. But it uses data when not on wifi (not much at all).

That's wayyyy too much trouble for me to get like 10 people to do all that stuff. I'll be forever alone.

Thanks

The new Galaxys can send it over WIFI too, as well as wifi calling, not sure about other android models though. Also, I have Sprint, but I think Verizon does MMS as well.