Iphone to S7 or vice versa

I got my first phone after a couple years which was the Samsung Galaxy S7. It was a great phone and I absolutely loved it, however I still switched to the Iphone 6 S plus. I was just wondering if anybody had also switched between the two and why. I've had a variety of devices including the original EVO 4 G, Galaxy S3, Iphone 4, Samsung note tablets and ipads. My wife also has had a variety of Samsung's up to the S6. 

I'm not saying company X sucks blah blah blah... Just going to put my personal reasons for switching and wondering about other people's opinions: 

My reasons for switching:

1. WAAAY better battery life. I do the same things on both phones but the s seven seemed to use more battery. Probably because it has to use the VM because of the massive amount of hardware it has to support whereas apple can optimize it or write IOS directly for the hardware. I begin Samsung could write their OS directly from the phone than they'd probably get much better battery life. 

2. Series much more integrated into the system and about 1000 times better than S voice! S Voice is just a huge steaming pile of crap. S voice doesn't understand what you see a lot of the time and when it does in its more limited in what it can do compared to either Siri or Google Now. 

3. I can get almost every application that is in the Google Play Store in the apple apps store, but not the other way around. The play store doesn't have quite as many of the apps that I like.

4. I prefer the larger screen but hate the curve screen of the edge. Also I prefer the less saturated colors of both the screen and the camera of the iphone. That's just personal preference though. I did set the color profile to basic on the S7. 

Things I miss about the S7, or where Samsung trashes apple:

1. Obviously the camera is way better! Pro can run for IOS does close the gap a little though. But the S7 still trashes it, and if there was an equivalent app for the S7 it would make the beat down ridiculous! 

2. The ability to customize Android with custom fonts is awesome in something that the Iphone seriously needs! I had my S7 all decked out with a custom theme and custom font and Apple just can't compare.

3. The ability to manipulate files directly, although it's not so bad in IOS as it used to be. There is absolutely you download anything you want and with apple letting you share apps to certain applications it's not a total deal breaker, but definitely more inconvenient. 

4. Quick Charge. 

5. Samsung's gold color is better than Apple's gold color! 

Samsung's new game software is Awesome! 

I would say the S7 is a better phone but I use Siri all the time so it works out better for me. 

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Are you a Timelord? /jk

Do you mean the s4 or something?

S7 is out man..

Also OP have you tried setting the S voice button thing to google now?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I read that wrong. xD I thought they said they got it a few years ago.

I was going to ask if your internet has a time portal and you posted this years ago.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

It does, but it only goes back an hour. #WINDOWS10BUGS

The clock never works right

NEVER

1 hour ago, thekeemo said:

S7 is out man..

Also OP have you tried setting the S voice button thing to google now?

Google now isn't too bad, I tried it on the S7. You just hold the Home button down until it activates, about 2-3 seconds. I just don't care for cards as much, plus I like hands free and Siri seems to be better at the context of what I am asking. Google seems to give more complete info however, so I'd chalk it up to personal preference.

Yeah, there are a lot of trade offs, but I'd say that the S7 is the first android phone I LOVED since the EVO 4G (The battery was still shit though...and the camera shots looked like a really bad digital camera, the kind in the kids section with Spider Man on it.)

If Samsung would just buy Siri then :D

OMG on the 1st post ... I meant PRO CAMERA for IOS can help a lot, it's a good app if you have IOS.

10 minutes ago, royalcrown said:

OMG on the 1st post ... I meant PRO CAMERA for IOS can help a lot, it's a good app if you have IOS.

Capture.PNG

K, lemme make a thread real quick, about a problem bugging me off that i cannot explain HOW it works, because im not a certified wifi genius.

Groomlake Authority