Rate my PC setup!

I wanted some feedback on my current desk setup. Including my PC. Just come up with some random not-too-confusing way to rate a setup (e.g. 3 Kanye Wests out of 5) and give me some feedback on what to change. I will comment with some pictures in a moment, but first, here is a list of all the things on the desk:

1. "Nuclear Hive", my gaming PC (I forgot who suggested that name but I picked it :))

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/29tmVn
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/29tmVn/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($554.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus X99-DELUXE/U3.1 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($379.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($69.69 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($69.69 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($94.90 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($94.90 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($65.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($319.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ NCIX US) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($85.49 @ OutletPC) 
Other: Custom Case/Cooling ($1300.00)
Total: $3120.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-17 19:54 EDT-0400

2. My Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard with MX Red switches

3. My Corsair M65 RGB Mouse (Black)

4. My GAEMS M240 Monitor (Overpriced)

5. My broken MSI 290X

i will also include a picture of my cable management for the PC and the desk, so give me your feedback!

Should have gotten 5820k and get 980ti. 

Magical Pineapples

Only thing that jumps out at me is this...

Why a GTX 970 (Upper midrange GPU, nothing impressive) with an enthusiast grade processor? I'd rather have seen a flagship (Fury X, 980/980Ti)

~` please , don't let my whole life burn down `~

- why can't i just focus right now? -

; i'm tired ;

14 minutes ago, Aytex said:

You wasted so much money.......... *Cringe* :P

2 hours ago, ChickenNugget said:

He bought THAT.

He plays Minecraft.

He isn't even over 14.

2rich4me don8 plox 2 fellow canadians 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

comment:

Spoiler

1) 5930k -> 5820k or even 6600k and get a better gpu

2) whats custom case/cooling? get a better computer before you do that

3) could get better ram, and get quad channel ram for x99 pls

4) better ssd and hdd

5) an r9 390 over a gtx 970

6) overkill psu

basically the only thing i wont change is the windows, and i would even buy it off other sources so...

i rate this build 1/10:

no colour coordination

money spent on wrong places when it could've gone to improving the build

parts picked poorly

impractical for the objective (gaming pc)

lowest score i gave, then again not much people asking to rate their system anyway

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I give it one Taylor Swift out of 10

Should have gotten a 980 ti. I'd bet my current computer that you didn't ask anyone around here BEFORE you built it :P

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

I had to take 2 cable management pics, couldn't fit it all in one frame

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

33 minutes ago, themctipers said:

He bought THAT.

He plays Minecraft.

He isn't even over 14.

Y u do this? I don't even have mine craft :(

5 minutes ago, ChickenNugget said:

Y u do this? I don't even have mine craft :(

i do, his points are valid

1 hour ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

Should have gotten 5820k and get 980ti. 

1 hour ago, GR1MES said:

Only thing that jumps out at me is this...

Why a GTX 970 (Upper midrange GPU, nothing impressive) with an enthusiast grade processor? I'd rather have seen a flagship (Fury X, 980/980Ti)

37 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

comment:

Hide contents
33 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

Should have gotten a 980 ti. I'd bet my current computer that you didn't ask anyone around here BEFORE you built it :P

1) 5930k -> 5820k or even 6600k and get a better gpu

2) whats custom case/cooling? get a better computer before you do that

3) could get better ram, and get quad channel ram for x99 pls

4) better ssd and hdd

5) an r9 390 over a gtx 970

6) overkill psu

basically the only thing i wont change is the windows, and i would even buy it off other sources so...

i rate this build 1/10:

no colour coordination

money spent on wrong places when it could've gone to improving the build

parts picked poorly

impractical for the objective (gaming pc)

lowest score i gave, then again not much people asking to rate their system anyway

33 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

O I had originally planned to get a 980 Ti, but before I could, I realized my case had been destroyed, so I also had to get a new one. I wanted to get a custom case, but I felt it was impractical, so I kept looking for a graphics card. Then I was on Craigslist one day and someone was selling his custom case, dual loops (480mm RADs), and GTX 970 with a waterblock for only $600 USD. It had cost him $1600 new including the GPU so after asking him questions for like a month, I finally bought it. I did a lot of research on the GTX 970, and figured it was all I needed at 1080P and I would be able to upgrade to 2 later if I HAD to. The 970 turned out to be fine for me so I decided that I would just have a kind of overkill CPU. Nothing wrong with that. The 1300 was just what I put on the PCPP list. I really got the whole thing for less than 2000. As for the 5930K rather than the 5820K, some SLIing what originally planned for this build, so that made sense. I don't understand what's wrong with the color coordination, the blue on the monitor isn't noticeable. By gaming PC I didn't mean it was strictly for gaming, and I likely will edit video on there at some point. I did ask many forum questions before doing this.

56 minutes ago, themctipers said:

He bought THAT.

He plays Minecraft.

He isn't even over 14.

I bought the whole thing myself through hard work and selling all my stuff. And you know that I play GTA V. Get rekt tipers.

18 minutes ago, aajjeee said:

i do, his points are valid

Why would you having minecraft make his points against me valid??

52 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

If you were trying to type "U", no, I don't have minecraft.

2 minutes ago, ChickenNugget said:

O I had originally planned to get a 980 Ti, but before I could, I realized my case had been destroyed, so I also had to get a new one. I wanted to get a custom case, but I felt it was impractical, so I kept looking for a graphics card. Then I was on Craigslist one day and someone was selling his custom case, dual loops (480mm RADs), and GTX 970 with a waterblock for only $600 USD. It had cost him $1600 new including the GPU so after asking him questions for like a month, I finally bought it. I did a lot of research on the GTX 970, and figured it was all I needed at 1080P and I would be able to upgrade to 2 later if I HAD to. The 970 turned out to be fine for me so I decided that I would just have a kind of overkill CPU. Nothing wrong with that. The 1300 was just what I put on the PCPP list. I really got the whole thing for less than 2000. As for the 5930K rather than the 5820K, some SLIing what originally planned for this build, so that made sense. I don't understand what's wrong with the color coordination, the blue on the monitor isn't noticeable. By gaming PC I didn't mean it was strictly for gaming, and I likely will edit video on there at some point. I did ask many forum questions before doing this.

I bought the whole thing myself through hard work and selling all my stuff. And you know that I play GTA V. Get rekt tipers.

Why would you having minecraft make his points against me valid??

If you were trying to type "U", no, I don't have minecraft.

You sell things, that your parents bought you.

You can't legally get a job at 12.

Yes you do play GTA V but you don't play at 4k, do you?

I'm sorry but no, you even said in a steam conversation your parents bought you your pc.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

12 minutes ago, themctipers said:

You sell things, that your parents bought you.

You can't legally get a job at 12.

Yes you do play GTA V but you don't play at 4k, do you?

I'm sorry but no, you even said in a steam conversation your parents bought you your pc.

Never said that my parents bought me the stuff I sold.

I can do jobs for aforementioned parents.

I am upgrading to triple monitor this summer when I move (hopefully)

Yes, but my parents only bought the motherboard

1 minute ago, ChickenNugget said:

I did a lot of research on the GTX 970, and figured it was all I needed at 1080P

for now, it wont stay relevant for long especially when dx 12 games becomes mainstream

also, you should do some research on how nvidia is treating their previous architecture cards just to market their current ones

8 minutes ago, ChickenNugget said:

I would be able to upgrade to 2 later if I HAD to.

just dont... just no

SLI two mid-range cards will bring you more cons than pros

10 minutes ago, ChickenNugget said:

As for the 5930K rather than the 5820K, some SLIing what originally planned for this build, so that made sense.

you're planning 4 way SLI? the 5820k can do 3 way SLI no problem, not that i recommend 3-way SLI. 2-way is the maximum for me

12 minutes ago, ChickenNugget said:

I don't understand what's wrong with the color coordination, the blue on the monitor isn't noticeable.

white and grey and black, should've gone pure white and black, mixing grey in makes it look "dirty" imo

out of all coloured build, i dig white and black and most. because it looks modern, but adding in grey just wont do :I

17 minutes ago, ChickenNugget said:

By gaming PC I didn't mean it was strictly for gaming, and I likely will edit video on there at some point.

people seem to think that only 6 cores processor can edit videos

but an i5 will do just fine if you're editing it as a hobby or as a rookie youtuber or something

save yourself some money and spend it somewhere else in your rig to make it more balanced

21 minutes ago, ChickenNugget said:

I did ask many forum questions before doing this.

which forum recommended this build? ._.

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

for now, it wont stay relevant for long especially when dx 12 games becomes mainstream

also, you should do some research on how nvidia is treating their previous architecture cards just to market their current ones

just dont... just no

SLI two mid-range cards will bring you more cons than pros

you're planning 4 way SLI? the 5820k can do 3 way SLI no problem, not that i recommend 3-way SLI. 2-way is the maximum for me

white and grey and black, should've gone pure white and black, mixing grey in makes it look "dirty" imo

out of all coloured build, i dig white and black and most. because it looks modern, but adding in grey just wont do :I

people seem to think that only 6 cores processor can edit videos

but an i5 will do just fine if you're editing it as a hobby or as a rookie youtuber or something

save yourself some money and spend it somewhere else in your rig to make it more balanced

which forum recommended this build? ._.

I still think pretty much all of these complaints are based around the GPU, which I'll agree I could have done better on, but it was a one of a kind case at a great price, and he wouldn't sell just the case and cooling for any less that $425, so I'd be screwed GPU-wise. For your complaints about the color scheme, please look at the pictures. I hate to use the term "future-proof", but i feel that the 5930K is a very robust CPU that will last a while. It also beats the 5820K in OC potential from what I've seen.

1 minute ago, ChickenNugget said:

It also beats the 5820K in OC potential from what I've seen.

erm... source? they should be pretty much the same tbh

2 minutes ago, ChickenNugget said:

I still think pretty much all of these complaints are based around the GPU

my comments are pretty laid out (not complaining in any way, you asked for rating and i delivered `-`)

the balance of the build, the choice of components, and the idea (SLI)

5 minutes ago, ChickenNugget said:

For your complaints about the color scheme, please look at the pictures.

i did, but thats my opinion. if you're fine with it then ok. beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

6 minutes ago, ChickenNugget said:

but it was a one of a kind case at a great price, and he wouldn't sell just the case and cooling for any less that $425,

you can get a premium pc case like the define S or the H440 for less than $150, and spend the $300 on other part to improve the build than the temperature of the components

7 minutes ago, ChickenNugget said:

I hate to use the term "future-proof", but i feel that the 5930K is a very robust CPU that will last a while.

compared to the 5820k, how so

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

erm... source? they should be pretty much the same tbh

my comments are pretty laid out (not complaining in any way, you asked for rating and i delivered `-`)

the balance of the build, the choice of components, and the idea (SLI)

i did, but thats my opinion. if you're fine with it then ok. beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

you can get a premium pc case like the define S or the H440 for less than $150, and spend the $300 on other part to improve the build than the temperature of the components

compared to the 5820k, how so

OK fair point. I by complaints I did mean comments. But PLEASE be more specific. I feel that "The balance of the build (Got a high end rig and only got a 970)" "The choice of components (Got a high end rig and only got a 970), and the idea (Got a high end rig and only got a 970, then thought he could SLI it) all kind of mean the same thing, unless by "choice of components" you mean choice of component color, in which case, 2 of them are still directly related to the 970.

3 minutes ago, ChickenNugget said:

"The balance of the build (Got a high end rig and only got a 970)" "The choice of components (Got a high end rig and only got a 970), and the idea (Got a high end rig and only got a 970, then thought he could SLI it)

the balance of the build = balance between cpu and gpu horsepower

the choice of components = choice of SSD/HDD model, choice of GPU for the price range you're looking at, two dual channel ram kit instead of single quad channel, psu wattage (and model, but the g2 is fine, but i would personally go with P2), picked 5930k over a 5820k

the idea = SLI mid-range cards, going custom case/cooling when the money could be spent elsewhere

maybe if you can justify why you picked the 5930k over the 5820k might help, since its probably a good reason to pick it over the i5 i suggested anyway

and colour coordination is just a bonus category that i personally will judge, a "rainbow" system can get a maximum of 8 marks, cable management = 9 marks, 10 marks = colour coordination + cable management + perfect component choices

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

the balance of the build = balance between cpu and gpu horsepower

the choice of components = choice of SSD/HDD model, choice of GPU for the price range you're looking at, two dual channel ram kit instead of single quad channel, psu wattage (and model, but the g2 is fine, but i would personally go with P2), picked 5930k over a 5820k

the idea = SLI mid-range cards, going custom case/cooling when the money could be spent elsewhere

maybe if you can justify why you picked the 5930k over the 5820k might help, since its probably a good reason to pick it over the i5 i suggested anyway

and colour coordination is just a bonus category that i personally will judge, a "rainbow" system can get a maximum of 8 marks, cable management = 9 marks, 10 marks = colour coordination + cable management + perfect component choices

LEDs are RGB molex on molex, so I guess a B- will be it for me. Thank you for all the feedback.

6 minutes ago, ChickenNugget said:

LEDs are RGB molex on molex, so I guess a B- will be it for me.

i didnt get the LED part but ah wells lol

maybe im just too tired since its 10am and i have yet to sleep :D

and you're welcome