Buying laptop for school in July

Hi,

I am going to buy a new laptop for school. The problem is that i don't know if i should wait or not cause the 9*0m is out for a while, so I dont know if it is a good decision to buy a laptop with a 970m or 980m in July. I have about 1900 Euro's to spend ( 2.747 CAD) Could you guys give me advice about me having to wait for next gen or just going for it. (I live in the EU so the price is a little bit different than the American price.

Just now, HylkeDW said:

Hi,

I am going to buy a new laptop for school. The problem is that i don't know if i should wait or not cause the 9*0m is out for a while, so I dont know if it is a good decision to buy a laptop with a 970m or 980m in July. I have about 1900 Euro's to spend ( 2.747 CAD) Could you guys give me advice about me having to wait for next gen or just going for it. (I live in the EU so the price is a little bit different than the American price.

where in the eu exactly? prices are diffrent in diffrent countries :)

2 minutes ago, mikat said:

where in the eu exactly? prices are diffrent in diffrent countries :)

In the Netherlands. I was thinking about buying from BTO.eu cause it looks cheap but i dont know the company

1 minute ago, HylkeDW said:

In the Netherlands. I was thinking about buying from BTO.eu cause it looks cheap but i dont know the company

You should wait till the new gen of Nvidia GPUs come out.

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

Will you use it for school only? Because, if you just use it for writing and presentations a 970m or better would seem to be a bit overkill (and a small 13inch ultrabook would be more practical, too):D

Just now, BerserkBear404 said:

Will you use it for school only? Because, if you just use it for writing and presentations a 970m or better would seem to be a bit overkill (and a small 13inch ultrabook would be more practical, too):D

I forgot to explain: I wanna do some 3d modeling and making and playing games beside my study. I dont know what software yet but i wanna have a laptop that is capable of all those things