Just asking for assurance

i know the temptation of getting a 2011 is big, but spending on an i7 4770K and 2 nice GPUs will probably grant you BETTER frames. (unless you do rendering and editing). You can change the title name by clicking on edit then "Use Full Editor"

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

What's the upgrade for?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

i do some post production stuff on videos, music and pictures. I do get paid for it too, so the quicker things are rendered, the more money in my pocket. But, since I do play my fair share of video games, it's like 50/50 production/gaming.

My first build, as you can see, was strictly for gaming because back then, I was only doing things on the side as a hobby and not getting paid for it. since people noticed my work, they've slowly been increasing on the requests. now i'm doing things for my city. crazy, right?

i do some post production stuff on videos, music and pictures. I do get paid for it too, so the quicker things are rendered, the more money in my pocket. But, since I do play my fair share of video games, it's like 50/50 production/gaming.

What kind of programs are you using? Types of content you produce?

Fyi, you need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What kind of programs are you using? Types of content you produce?

Fyi, you need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

Stuff I use to get paid for, Premier, Photoshop, After Effects, Bridge. hobbies, 3DS max, maya, M-Audio Producer, acid, pcdj dex.

Stuff I use to get paid for, Premier, Photoshop, After Effects, Bridge. hobbies, 3DS max, maya, M-Audio Producer, acid, pcdj dex.

Any of the programs you primarily use?

A better question is what program i least likely use, and that would be AE.

Well Adobe is moving towards OpenCL over CUDA and AE is the only one that's lagging behind on that.

You should probably wait for the 9000 series. Rumors are, the new cards will beat the Titan.

its more a case of all the programs that will draw the most from the hardware when rendering will be what you want to focous on. Photoshop at the botom of the table for this. so, 3ds max, if you use it a lot and make big scenes look at if it will benifit from Open CL or Cuda, same with your top 3 most use programs for rendering as I use a PPU which will better suit and cut the most of your heavy render times.

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

Well Adobe is moving towards OpenCL over CUDA and AE is the only one that's lagging behind on that.

You should probably wait for the 9000 series. Rumors are, the new cards will beat the Titan.

That sounds intriguing. I have some reservations about that, but nonetheless, i shall wait. Admittedly, I am an nvidia fanboy; due to some REALLY BAD experiences.