MMORPGs

firestronk

Can anyone recommend a good mmorpg to play? Been looking for you to play for sometime now. 

They say Guild Wars 2 is one of the best out there, and it's currently free-to-play.

I'm a huge fan of Bioware's work on Knights of the Old Republic and Dragon Age, which is why Star Wars: The Old Republic is one of my favourites with its cinematic storytelling and decision-based narrative. However, the free-to-play restrictions are terrible, and while it doesn't force a cash-shop in your face, it nerfs the XP rate and loot for free accounts. Also, I mostly played solo, so I can't vouch for the community except for Flashpoint events, which are pretty great if your partners are involved. If you decide to pick it up, I'd recommend sticking to Roleplay servers.

27 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

They say Guild Wars 2 is one of the best out there, and it's currently free-to-play.

I'm a huge fan of Bioware's work on Knights of the Old Republic and Dragon Age, which is why Star Wars: The Old Republic is one of my favourites with its cinematic storytelling and decision-based narrative. However, the free-to-play restrictions are terrible, and while it doesn't force a cash-shop in your face, it nerfs the XP rate and loot for free accounts. Also, I mostly played solo, so I can't vouch for the community except for Flashpoint events, which are pretty great if your partners are involved. If you decide to pick it up, I'd recommend sticking to Roleplay servers.

Have you heard anything about Tera?

16 minutes ago, PhoenixArising said:

I wanted to play it, but with my 225GB bandwidth cap, most of which my relatives eat up, I didn't get to download it.

The verdict on TERA appears to be 'Beautiful, but empty'. Its visual and aural polish is not matched by interesting, varied gameplay or a particularly immersive world, despite its beautiful expansive vistas and action-based combat.

Guild Wars 2 is fun and free to play for the core game as well. Need to buy the expansion to be competitive though.

World of Warcraft still holds its own, also Blade and Soul is doing well and I've heard lots of good about Black Desert Online.

CPU - I5 6600k @4.5ghz, AIO Cooler - H100i GTX, MOBO - MSI Z170 Gaming Pro, RAM - G-Skills Ripjaws V DDR4 2400 mhz, GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080, SSD - Samsung 850 Evo 250g, HDD - WD Black 1TB, PSU - Corsair TX 750, Case - Cooler Master Mastercase Pro 5, Monitor - Dell S2716dg 2560x1440 144hz gsnyc  27", AOC I2757FH 1920x1080 75Hz 27", OS - Windows 10 Home.

27 minutes ago, PhoenixArising said:

@Aereldor Archeage is heavily pay to win right?

I wouldn't know. Contrary to how it might have seemed, I've only ever played those two MMORPGs, and this Japanese MMO from Aeria Games with the worst lag of all time.

I've heard of free-to-play limitations and cash-shop frontloading in the game. However, I hear ArcheAge is best experienced as a sandbox, and unless that aspect of the game is heavily restricted too, it might prove more promising to a free player.

8 hours ago, PhoenixArising said:

@Aereldor Archeage is heavily pay to win right?

What are you looking for in an mmorpg? Fast paced combat? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

18 hours ago, PhoenixArising said:

Tera is nice at first. But later its backtracking from hell and they want real money for everything. Oh you Bank is full and you need more space. ? 10$ please.  F2P my Ass.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

@Pohernori Back in the day I was addicted to Everquest 2 and put close to 700 hours into it. I like both the click style combat in Everquest 2 and like the action combat you can find in other mmo's like Neverwinter

47 minutes ago, PhoenixArising said:

@Pohernori Back in the day I was addicted to Everquest 2 and put close to 700 hours into it. I like both the click style combat in Everquest 2 and like the action combat you can find in other mmo's like Neverwinter

You have vinductus, Tera, Blade and Soul, Black Desert online. These korean mmos are actually much faster paced than Neverwinter imo. 

You can give Skyforge a shot. I find Skyforge to be very similar to Neverwinter's combat pacing. It has many many classes as well. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

You can always try Final Fantasy XIV, it's great for both casual and hardcore, but you'll need to invest a ridiculous amount of time at this point.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.