Console Priced PC

Mr.Chow

My friend has wanted to get an Xbox One for some time now just to play the new Dark Souls and he has no other real reason of getting the Xbox except for Dark Souls. He doesn't have a big budget, but I was wondering if I could build him a computer cheap enough that it will fit his budget, but good enough that he can run and play Dark Souls 3 at decent quality. He also plays other games such as LoL, CS:GO, Guild Wars 2, etc on a shitty laptop he has, so this PC will be good for him and more worth his money(if its even possible to build a console priced PC that can run Dark Souls 3) than an Xbox One. I appreciate all help and suggestions!

Edit: An Xbox One costs 446.88 Canadian Dollars

•  Intel Core i3-2100 / AMD® FX-6300 
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM 
  • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 750 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 7950 
  • DirectX: Version 11 
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection 
  • Storage: 25 GB available space
    Specs For Dark Souls 3

Peripherals? Whats the price of an xbox one there anyways(I'm not from USA)?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, herman mcpootis said:

Peripherals? Whats the price of an xbox one there anyways(I'm not from USA)?

Well I'm from Canada and the price of an Xbox One with tax is 446.88 dollars. He already has a logitech mouse(forgot which one) and one of those Dell membrane keyboards.

Not very good, but was all i could do for that money. If os is needed, get from kinguin/reddit for $30-40

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($93.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($49.99 @ NCIX) 
Memory: Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.88 @ Canada Computers) 
Storage: Toshiba Product Series:DT01ACA 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($57.99 @ DirectCanada) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon R7 260X 2GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($129.50 @ Vuugo) 
Case: BitFenix Nova ATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.07 @ DirectCanada) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($46.99 @ NCIX) 
Total: $442.40
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-16 02:54 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

If you can add an extra $50, swap the 260x with a gtx 950 instead.

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

If you can add an extra $50, swap the 260x with a gtx 950 instead.

I wouldnt go for less than that TBH.. Just save up the extra 50 bucks. Worlds difference

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Build looks like it should run it ok but im just worried about the processor also i added the specs for dark souls 3 on the original post

32 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

Not very good, but was all i could do for that money. If os is needed, get from kinguin/reddit for $30-40

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($93.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-16 02:54 EDT-0400

A friend of mine is telling me to change the processor to an AMD FX-4300. He says its a better processor and its easier to upgrade

2 hours ago, Mr.Chow said:

A friend of mine is telling me to change the processor to an AMD FX-4300. He says its a better processor and its easier to upgrade

If its around the same price, sure. Fx 8xxx aren't that good for gaming now, but they should still do fine for most games. 

The 860K is faster than the FX 4XXX, at the same clock speed.  There is no upgrade path for FM2 or AM3.... both are dead platforms.  An FX 8XXX CPU is shitty.

I wouldnt go with amd anyways. Get an skylake i3, wait for buying an graphicscard. There's a sweetspot for buying components. Dont rush out and spend ur 400 bucks on garbage. Wait until you can afford something nice. Sounds hard, but it's the best choice. Maybe borrow some money from parents /grandparents or friends.

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

at this price, get some parts used and some parts new, you'll be able to get a much better pc for the same price that way. get the CPU, mobo, ram, case(depending on condition) and graphics card used and the psu and hdd/ssd used. that was how i got this rig http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pq6TvK for $500 USD(only 1 stick of ram, ssd and the psu is new)

8 hours ago, herman mcpootis said:

at this price, get some parts used and some parts new, you'll be able to get a much better pc for the same price that way. get the CPU, mobo, ram, case(depending on condition) and graphics card used and the psu and hdd/ssd used. that was how i got this rig http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pq6TvK for $500 USD(only 1 stick of ram, ssd and the psu is new)

Yeah thats probably what i'm going to do but i dont know when my friend is going to buy the rig so i just needed something to work with