gaming headset?

Dylan94
Go to solution Solved by Dackzy,
18 minutes ago, Dylan94 said:

I was rethinking my budget! what if I would have gone till 150€... is there something that's super better?? :D

You can get some K612 pro, they have a insanely big soundstage and they are natural and analytical  in their sound sound. The bass is very tight and it is a very detailed pair of headphones, but they dont have that much bass. If you are sensitive to treble you should not get them. They are hard to beat if you like how they sound.

hi guys! I was wondering if I should have bought a so called " gaming headset" I have seen a bit of video of youtube but can't decide if they are really worth it or not!

i have already heard about the modmic but I was wondering if tha sorround 7.1 wasn't usefull for gaming ... like csgo or fps in general....I have seen like the logitech g633 or 933 have the option to disable the sorround like a lot of other "gaming headphones"... How much would you spend for a "gaming headset" ? I have seen the video of luke about the g633 and I was wondering if they were a good deal or if the hyper x were good too... any suggestion?

6 minutes ago, Dylan94 said:

hi guys! I was wondering if I should have bought a so called " gaming headset" I have seen a bit of video of youtube but can't decide if they are really worth it or not!

i have already heard about the modmic but I was wondering if tha sorround 7.1 wasn't usefull for gaming ... like csgo or fps in general....I have seen like the logitech g633 or 933 have the option to disable the sorround like a lot of other "gaming headphones"... How much would you spend for a "gaming headset" ? I have seen the video of luke about the g633 and I was wondering if they were a good deal or if the hyper x were good too... any suggestion?

if you are playing games like csgo and other games that are similar then you DONT need a 7.1 surround headset as many oldish games do not support it.

PC Specs:

Core I5 4690K CPU
Gigabyte GTX 960 windforce 4GB GDDR5 GPU
Corsair 100R case
Seasonic 620W S12-II PSU
Kingston SSDNow 120GB SSD
Toshiba 1TB HDD
Asrock H97 Pro4 motherboard
8GB panram DDR3 1600 RAM
Windows 10 home 64 bit

the ltt video for the 933's and the 633's is bullshit

they are fine and don't flop around the head when you shake it. 

the audio is good too.  I own a pair of the 933's. 
is it worth it ? for the wireless yeah.

but if you don'T mind a cable id get the cloud 2

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Just now, Clubconsoles said:

if you are playing games like csgo and other games that are similar then you DONT need a 7.1 surround headset as many oldish games do not support it.

oh lol .... so that was a noob question.... can you tell me ( if you know) some game that supports 7.1?

1 minute ago, Dylan94 said:

oh lol .... so that was a noob question.... can you tell me ( if you know) some game that supports 7.1?

most games past 2013-2014 will.

PC Specs:

Core I5 4690K CPU
Gigabyte GTX 960 windforce 4GB GDDR5 GPU
Corsair 100R case
Seasonic 620W S12-II PSU
Kingston SSDNow 120GB SSD
Toshiba 1TB HDD
Asrock H97 Pro4 motherboard
8GB panram DDR3 1600 RAM
Windows 10 home 64 bit

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

the ltt video for the 933's and the 633's is bullshit

they are fine and don't flop around the head when you shake it. 

the audio is good too.  I own a pair of the 933's. 
is it worth it ? for the wireless yeah.

but if you don'T mind a cable id get the cloud 2

yeah I mean.... cable is not much of a deal... does the 933 get recharged with the cable also when you are using them? ( sorry if it's a stupid question) but I am really  a total amateur with headset!

7 minutes ago, Dylan94 said:

ah ok! thanks! :D

Before you buy any headset, note that a pair of stereo headphones + a modmic will give you much better value than any headset available. There are much better options and you won't be spending any cent on the "RGB GAMER COLORZ".

7.1 virtual surround is bullshit. Stereo headphones are capable of imaging and you can try out some binaural recordings if you want to.

4 minutes ago, seduce_me said:

Before you buy any headset, note that a pair of stereo headphones + a modmic will give you much better value than any headset available. There are much better options and you won't be spending any cent on the "RGB GAMER COLORZ".

7.1 surround is bullshit. Stereo headphones are capable of imaging and you can try out some binaural recordings if you want to. 

oh ok! can you suggest me something that can be a good deal aroudn 70 and 120€? 

1 hour ago, Dylan94 said:

oh ok! can you suggest me something that can be a good deal aroudn 70 and 120€? 

Closed: Creative Aurvana Live!, NVX XPT100, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro

Open: Sennheiser HD 558, Sennheiser HD 518, Philips SHP9500

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

29 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Closed: Creative Aurvana Live!, NVX XPT100, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro

Open: Sennheiser HD 558, Sennheiser HD 518, Philips SHP9500

thank you very much! I will check them out! :D

I was rethinking my budget! what if I would have gone till 150€... is there something that's super better?? :D

18 minutes ago, Dylan94 said:

You can get some K612 pro, they have a insanely big soundstage and they are natural and analytical  in their sound sound. The bass is very tight and it is a very detailed pair of headphones, but they dont have that much bass. If you are sensitive to treble you should not get them. They are hard to beat if you like how they sound.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

You can read this to get a better picture of how they are.

oho thank you very much!!!! btw what about the ath m50x I have seen them a lot

1 minute ago, Dylan94 said:

oho thank you very much!!!! btw what about the ath m50x I have seen them a lot

bad vaule, not very detailed compared to the k612, no soundstage at all, so they suck for fps games. If you put some none stock pads on them they will make your ears bleed because of the highs. The sound quality is not as high as other headphones in the same price range, if you ask me

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

bad vaule, not very detailed compared to the k612, no soundstage at all, so they suck for fps games. If you put some none stock pads on them they will make your ears bleed because of the highs. The sound quality is not as high as other headphones in the same price range, if you ask me

They are over hyped, because most people who thinks they are amazing are coming from really bad headsets and when they then try headphones with decent sound quality they think they are the best and they have no tried anything else. I felt for the hype so I bought a pair of m50 3 years ago and I wish that I didn't.

oh ok! thanks! I was thinking mayyybe at the ATH AD700x+modmic(?) but I have a problem! I use a lenovo y50 70 and it has only a mic/audio combo jack... I know it exists the splitter ... but I read like some pc does not support it and on the lenovo website there is nothing written... I know it supports the normal splitter from 1 to 2 audios but I do not know if it works the other way... I read something about the 4channel and so on... is this bullshit?

3 hours ago, Dylan94 said:

oh ok! thanks! I was thinking mayyybe at the ATH AD700x+modmic(?) but I have a problem! I use a lenovo y50 70 and it has only a mic/audio combo jack... I know it exists the splitter ... but I read like some pc does not support it and on the lenovo website there is nothing written... I know it supports the normal splitter from 1 to 2 audios but I do not know if it works the other way... I read something about the 4channel and so on... is this bullshit?

I have the ATH AD700, for directional audio and detail there is none better, although sennheiser 5XX series is also great... depends on what you find more comfortable imo.

The Black Friday Rig: 

[PCPartPicker part list](https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/QyvH8K)
:----|:----|:----
**CPU** | [Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor] | $280.00 
**CPU Cooler** | [Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler] | $19.99 
**Motherboard** | [Gigabyte GA-Z170X-GAMING 6 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard] | $175.00 
**Memory** | [Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory] | $94.99 
**Storage** | [Corsair Force LE 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive] | $85.99 
**Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive] | $64.00 
**Video Card** | [Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card] | $319.99 
**Case** | [Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case] | $89.00 
**Power Supply** | [Corsair CXM 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply] | $84.99 
**Operating System** | [Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit]| $109.00 
 | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |
 | **Total** | **$1322.95**
 | Generated by [PCPartPicker](http://pcpartpicker.com) 2016-11-27 18:34 EST-0500 |

12 hours ago, CeremonialSnips said:

I have the ATH AD700, for directional audio and detail there is none better, although sennheiser 5XX series is also great... depends on what you find more comfortable imo.

oh I see! are they comfortable? Cause I have seen/read that they might be a bit unconfortable since they don't tilt up and down....

23 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Should I be worried about the non detatchable cable? cause I have a skullcandy(present) and my cable just broke ... luckily it was removable... now I'm a bit scared of the non detachable cable

7 minutes ago, Dylan94 said:

Should I be worried about the non detatchable cable? cause I have a skullcandy(present) and my cable just broke ... luckily it was removable... now I'm a bit scared of the non detachable cable

Nah not really you are only going to use them at home right? Just keep the cable of the ground so you dont run it over.

I have the ATH AD700, for directional audio and detail there is none better.

Not true, the k612 has the same insane soundstage and have a bit more detailed sound when it comes to music, not something most people will notice with normal use and there are higher end headphones that have a little bigger sound stages.

I have the ATH AD700, for directional audio and detail there is none better

HD800 would like to have an word with you.

Oh ok! I am now narrowing down the list ... I'm thinking about k612 , dt990 , ad702(for the detach cable) pro and boh I don't know what else! I have a problem cause I have only one combo mic/audio jack... I have seen some solution but I don't know which one it's better ... any suggestion?

3 minutes ago, seduce_me said:

HD800 would like to have an word with you.

LOL 

4 minutes ago, Dylan94 said:

Oh ok! I am now narrowing down the list ... I'm thinking about k612 , dt990 , ad702(for the detach cable) pro and boh I don't know what else! I have a problem cause I have only one combo mic/audio jack... I have seen some solution but I don't know which one it's better ... any suggestion?

use the combo for you headphones and get a 2$ usb card for the mic, that way you also remove interference from the mic, if that is a problem.

AD702? do you mean ad 700 or k702? A lot of people like the k612 more than the 702 when it comes to sound.