H80i idle temps too high?

Hi peeps i have a new h80i cooling a 3770k at stock in a R3 i have idle temps of 40 degrees.

I am using Arctic Silver.

should i be worried?

CPU: Intel i3770K @4.3GHz, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, RAM: 8GB Mushkin, SSD: Vertex 4 128GB, HDD: 2x 3TB Seagate, GPU: Sapphire 7850 OC 2GB, Case: Fractal R3, Displays: 3x iiyama Prolite E2473HDS Keyboard: Das Keyboard Ultimate, Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95

How long ago did you apply the Artcic Silver? Usually that thermal paste has a cure time of around 200 hours, so if you applied it within the last 200 hours, then expect your temps to decrease soon

Anyhow, if it's not degrading, you should not worry, if not your load temps are in the 65-70 area, then I'd see if the thermal compound was applied correctly.

MEH

looks abit high but notthing to worry about just look at your max load temps are

Try to remount correctly and make sure you cleaned off your existing thermal paste using Isopropyl alcohol. After that apply a thin layer amount of thermal paste. Using realtemps to check your temperatures with either running prime 95 or Intel burn test to stress test your CPU. It should take around 10 to 15mins for the water to get heat up and after that you should be able to see reasonable temperatures.

Note* Watercooling only shines during load.

Idle temperatures are pretty much the same based on your ambient temps

Is the fan pulling air from the case out or from out side the case in?

Idle temps of liquid coolers are higher than air coolers.

My i5-750 has an idle temp of 40-45 °C when OC to 3.6 GHz (2.6 stock) with an H60 because I have an high room temperature (~25 °C).

• MB MSI Z77A-GD65

CPU Intel Core i7-2600K + Corsair H60 + 2x Alpenfohn Wing Boost

RAM Corsair Dominator 16 GB

GPU MSI Radeon HD6950 Twin Frozr II / OC

SC Asus Xonar D2X

SSD Corsair Force GT 120 GB

HDD WD Black 1 TB + Blue 1 TB + Green 500 GB

PSU Corsair HX650

Case NZXT Phantom 820 Black

Rheobus NZXT Sentry LXE

Monitor: 3x LG IPS231P + Philips 298P4Q

Hi-Fi Onkyo HT-S3305

OS Windows 8.1 Pro

How is the water pump in the H80i? can you hear it working?

Hey people.

I am using push pull with the hot air blowing out of the case.

I cleaned both surfaces with the 1-2 Arctic Clean thermal paste remover / purifier.

Under load (at stock 3.6Ghz) I'm getting maximum temps of 69 (bust mostly 66-67) (Crispy345 Your were spot on hahah!)

This pump seems to be working, i have already returned two for the infamous grinding noise

CPU: Intel i3770K @4.3GHz, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, RAM: 8GB Mushkin, SSD: Vertex 4 128GB, HDD: 2x 3TB Seagate, GPU: Sapphire 7850 OC 2GB, Case: Fractal R3, Displays: 3x iiyama Prolite E2473HDS Keyboard: Das Keyboard Ultimate, Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95

I have had similar numbers using that config with a h80 and a i7-2700K, If you switch to using it in push pull but with pulling your air from the outside I found my temps drop to around 30-35 degrees (depending on room temp) Note that this works best if you have a top fan to remove the hot air the h80 will be blowing into the case.

My i5 3570k is idling at 44 degrees with 4.2ghz OC... but with p95 i get 66 degrees max.