GTX 970 not being detected. Display shows "No signal"

UnifiedForce

I just bought an MSI Geforce GTX 970 and am having trouble getting it activated.

First off, am I plugging it in right? As shown in the pictures, I have a single pci cable with two forked 6 pin ends and one 8 pin end. I tried putting the two forked 6 pins into the card and then the 8 pin end into my PSU's bottom socket. Is that enough, or do I actually need to get another, separate 6 pin to 6 pin eci cable to connect the card to the PSU's currently unused 6 pin socket? 

When I run with just the integrated Intel graphics my PC displays and works fine but it doesn't detect the card and so Nvidia drivers won't install. Before I was using an R9 280x but it seemed to be having problems so I took it out and uninstalled all AMD drivers.

Once I plug in the pci cable, my TV's display only shows "No Signal" at startup even though I can see the 970's fans spinning and all of my other hardware activated. Switching my TV's input to television shows and then back to the HDMI will sometimes show a "Detect HDMI Signal" notification, then "Retrieving Data," but then ultimately regressing back to "No Signal." It also seems to be able to still register the keyboard since I'm able to shut it down with a keyboard shortcut that I created previously.  

Specs:

-Win 7 64bit

-Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz

-MSI Geforce GTX 970

-8 GB RAM

-CX600M Power Supply

-H97M Pro4 Motherboard

HDTV is a VIZIO E320-A1 32-inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV

IMG_0135.JPG

IMG_0136.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG

IMG_0133.JPG

This is odd. Is your CPU power plugged in? Are you plgging the HDMI on the card?

CPU: Ryzen 3800X  MOBO: Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)  RAM: Corsair LPX 3200MHz 35GB (2x16) GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 PSU: EVGA  850BQ  COOLING: Noctua NH-D15  CASE: Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White

CPU's plugged in. If I unplug the eci cables then my PC goes back to the integrated Intel graphics and all's good. It's only when the 970 is plugged in that I can't get a display.

I've tried plugging in the HDMI to the sockets of both the card and motherboard with no effect. With the motherboard's HDMI socket though, I get the "Detect HDMI Signal" notification whereas with the card's socket I so far have not.

Well since you are wanting to get a signal from the GPU you will have to have the HDMI plugged into that. I have heard of some GPUs being particular in that they need separate runs for each six pin but I have never tried a single run myself and I just heard that in some random forum so I can't verify that. Are you making sure you are pushing the cables into the card all the way. (Not sure if this is your first build or not) It seems like the card is seeded correctly because it is getting some power to at least spin the fan. It is possible that the card is bad but I kinda doubt that.  

Edit: Are you using the same slot that the 280x was messing up on? You might want to try another one to see if that slot is messing up.