Ddr4 ram extender

Is there such a thing as a ram cable so that you could have your ram in a different part of the case like a ram equivalent of a pci-e riser cable o.O

4 minutes ago, coolfx said:

Is there such a thing as a ram cable so that you could have your ram in a different part of the case like a ram equivalent of a pci-e riser cable o.O

Can I ask why? are you making a custom case?

Azure Fists - "Grown men playing with each other since 2009"

Spoiler
Spoiler

CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-4590T, OS : Windows 10 64bit + Custom Alienware Console Interface, GPU : NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5, RAM : 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz, SSD : Kingston V300 240GB, WIFI : Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.0, CASE : Alienware Alpha, PSU : External Power Brick, MOBO : Custom Dell Motherboard.

Spoiler

CPU : i5 6600, Mobo : Asus Z97i-Plus, RAM : 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance LED, GPU : Gigabyte G1 GTX 1080, Case : Silverstone RVZ02, Storage : SanDisk 1TB M.2, PSU : Silverstone Strider SST-SX700-LG, Display(s) : AOC Q2963PM 29" IPS Ultra Wide 21:9, Fans : Noctua NH-L9i with Be Quiet Pure Wings 2, Keyboard : Razer Blackwidow Stealth 2015, Mouse : Razer Naga 2015, Sound : LG Wireless Soundbar /Razer Kraken Pro, OS : Windows 10

Just hit Ctrl+F and search DDR4, it will come up, thats about as close as i've seen.. 

http://www.adexelec.com/extenders.htm

By the way you also have to take into latency the added wire length from the cable adds, it may not be much but will still slow the ram slightly. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

5 minutes ago, coolfx said:

I do not believe so, latency is a big issue with RAM, which is why it is so close to the CPU on the motherboard, so a cable, with 2 points of contact instead of the usual one, is very risky. 

Not to mention that usual one uses gold, a lot of surface area, and is locked into place via the slots. 

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

oh becasue i was going to make a custom case and the height is an issue

another question.... Why?? Get some low profile ram and call it a day. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

can you think of any other way

Low profile Ram is your best option, even the right angle ram adapters are as tall as or taller than low profile.

1 minute ago, coolfx said:

oh becasue i was going to make a custom case and the height is an issue

some low profile ram is shorter than most CPU blocks.. and is most certainly shorter than an air cooler. 

HeadsetLogitech G430  

You can try crucial ballistix. 

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

are there any ddr4 suggestions

Hyper X Fury is rather low profile

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Are there any mother boards

that have the ram at an angle

1 minute ago, coolfx said:

Are there any mother boards

that have the ram at an angle

Um... not to my knowledge.. Seriously though how do you plan on cooling your CPU if even the ram is too tall??

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Also forgetting that the IO on a motherboard will be around the same height as the ram?

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Yeah I figured that I will cut it off and have single height pci e io on a riser cabble

Are there any lag 1151 socket laptop boards

Don't believe so, and even with that you would lose your PCIE anyway.. Seems like you're better off with a laptop anywho, and losing the screen will make it thin as well

HeadsetLogitech G430  

How do laptops connect there GPUs then ?