Building a new PC

So I'm building a new PC for myself. It's going to be my second build, which I'm very excited about. After some looking, comparing and checking I got this part list:

Mobo: ASRock Z87 Extreme3
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K
Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65
RAM : Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 2GB Windforce
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm 
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
PSU: NZXT HALE82 550W

This build will be used mainly for programming and some gaming. The most demanding game I play is World of Warcraft, but I really want to play it with 60fps+ on highest settings. 
I'm looking for some opinions on this and possibly suggestions for better parts in pretty much the same price range.

You would be fine with an i5-4690 or 4690k, for what your doing the 4790k is pretty overkill, if WoW is the most demanding, you could probably even get by with an i3. Anyone know is the PSU is any good? Thats the only thing im unsure about, otherwise it looks to be a nice PC for what your doing.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

How about this one?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T2 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($51.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 380 4GB NITRO Dual-X OC Video Card  ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($36.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Antec Green 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($58.42 @ B&H)
Total: $635.15
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-12 20:47 EDT-0400

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

2 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Anyone know is the PSU is any good? Thats the only thing im unsure about, otherwise it looks to be a nice PC for what your doing.

NZXT is fairly reliable. So I would say yes, its good.

3 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

How about this one?
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T2 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec Green 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($58.42 @ B&H)

The hyper T2 pales next to the Hyper 212 EVO. get the evo instead.

And I'd say at least 500 W for a build like that. Pretty good otherwise.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

1 minute ago, HPWebcamAble said:

The hyper T2 pales next to the Hyper 212 EVO. get the evo instead.

And I'd say at least 500 W for a build like that. Pretty good otherwise.

If it's quieter, then alright. ^_^

The system only consumes 350W at most. I dunno why you're suggesting a 500W PSU. :/

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

12 minutes ago, prostakus said:

So I'm building a new PC for myself. It's going to be my second build, which I'm very excited about. After some looking, comparing and checking I got this part list:

This build will be used mainly for programming and some gaming. The most demanding game I play is World of Warcraft, but I really want to play it with 60fps+ on highest settings. 
I'm looking for some opinions on this and possibly suggestions for better parts in pretty much the same price range.

whats your budget for a pc

3 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

NZXT is fairly reliable. So I would say yes, its good

nzxt psus are not their strong point. no they arent that good and have pretty ugly cables to be honest, just saying :P

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

1 minute ago, Shahnewaz said:

The system only consumes 350W at most. I dunno why you're suggesting a 500W PSU. :/

More room for upgrading in the future or overclocking

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

2 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

More room for upgrading in the future or overclocking

The Core i5-6500 is not overclockable. The R9 380 is, and 450W is more than enough to achieve as much OC as you can, before your ASIC quality limits OC itself.

Edited by Shahnewaz
Cleared up my wording.

Those were some fast answers! I love this forum :D

18 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

You would be fine with an i5-4690 or 4690k, for what your doing the 4790k is pretty overkill, if WoW is the most demanding, you could probably even get by with an i3. Anyone know is the PSU is any good? Thats the only thing im unsure about, otherwise it looks to be a nice PC for what your doing.

At the moment I'm using an AMD A10-6800K, which I think is comparable to an i5-4690 by performance, that's why I want the i7.

19 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Same goes for this CPU.

15 minutes ago, Aytex said:

whats your budget for a pc

I'm from Bulgaria(Europe), the prices are kinda higher here so using a money converter, the build I posted will be exactly 1234 USD(not joking :D).

32 minutes ago, prostakus said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Tylerebowers/saved/#view=Ry6kcf

• CPU
    i7-6850k
  • Motherboard
    MSI X99A Sli Plus
  • RAM
    32GB Crucial Ballistix LP      DDR4-2400
  • GPU                                            MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8Gb
  • Case
    Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB
  • Storage
    Samsung 250GB 850 pro,        WD Black 1TB, WD blue 3TB
  • PSU
    Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w
  • Display(s)
    Asus vg248qe, Asus vg245h
  • Cooling
    Swiftech H220-x
  • Keyboard
    Logitech g910
  • Mouse
    Logitech g502
  • Sound
    Áudio Technica ATH-M50x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
  • PCPartPicker URL

11 minutes ago, prostakus said:

At the moment I'm using an AMD A10-6800K, which I think is comparable to an i5-4690 by performance, that's why I want the i7.

A Core i7 doesn't have much going for it other than HyperThreading. And the AMD A10 is NOWHERE near a Core i5-4690 in CPU performance: http://anandtech.com/bench/product/1198?vs=1262

11 minutes ago, prostakus said:

I'm from Bulgaria(Europe), the prices are kinda higher here so using a money converter, the build I posted will be exactly 1234 USD(not joking :D).

1234USD... oh that's wonderful. xD

For me, budget is a ceiling. Not a target. ;)

Edited by Shahnewaz

12 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

A Core i7 doesn't have much going for it other than HyperThreading. And the AMD A10 is NOWHERE near a Core i5-4690 in CPU performance: http://anandtech.com/bench/product/1198?vs=1262

1234USD... oh that's wonderful. xD

My mistake :D After comparing the i5 and i7, I'm going with the i5.

Any suggestions about the other parts?

39 minutes ago, prostakus said:

My mistake :D After comparing the i5 and i7, I'm going with the i5.

Any suggestions about the other parts?

Not really. What do you think of my part list?

1 hour ago, Shahnewaz said:

How about this one?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($51.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 380 4GB NITRO Dual-X OC Video Card  ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($36.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $635.15
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-12 20:47 EDT-0400

I would get an i5-6600k, because overclock, an SSD is pretty essential nowadays and I'm actually going to get that same GPU. Not bad at all :D

Just now, prostakus said:

I would get an i5-6600k, because overclock, an SSD pretty essential nowadays and I'm actually going to get that same GPU. Not bad at all :D

If you want to overclock, you'll want to consider a better CPU cooler than that. ;)