Xbox 360 blurry on Monitor

Hi guys,
I think this is a pretty common topic...though I still could not find any solutions on Google nor any forums. So I wanted to connect my HDMI xbox 360 to my VK278Q Asus monitor (27" FullHD 1080p display). At first it was blurry, so I thought I will change the display settings on the xbox. I changed it from 1080p to 1080i, looks the same, 1080p to 720p...still looks the same. I couldn't find the auto-adjust function on my monitor. THough, when I changed the scaling of the pixels to 1:1 and set it to 720p on the xbox, the screen scaled down as if I was playing a movie in 720p with black borders on the edge. The definition then was extremely good, but I was dealing with huge black edges... as 720p is like 1/4 the definition of 1080p. I know Xbox games are 720p, but I thought the menu at least is in 1080p? The menu looks ugly. Oh and I tried 1080p on the tv, works perfectly. The definition of 1080p on the tv looks perfectly fine. The definition of 1080p on the monitor with the xbox looks blurry as if upscaled from 720p. Not sure what the problem is. DVI 1080p with PC is completely fine. I couldn't find any answers... so that's why I am posting today. Please help! Thanks!

Set your Xbox to 1080P, then while your xbox and monitor are turned on pull out the HDMI cable then replug it. This most likely will make your monitor reset in full resolution. 

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

Set your Xbox to 1080P, then while your xbox and monitor are turned on pull out the HDMI cable then replug it. This most likely will make your monitor reset in full resolution. 

Thing is i don't think it's the monitor's problem. Because the resolution outputted by the xbox at 1080p setting and 720p setting are the exact same. Monitor recognizes as either 1080p or 720p when changed. So i don't suppose it's a problem with the monitor. It seems upscaled by the xbox for some retarded reason.