RAM vs H110

Go to solution Solved by Moonzy,
1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

H110 chipset can only use RAM up to 2133 MHz. However, I want to know if there are any potential problems with running to get faster RAM to work on an H110 mobo. Obviously they will downclock to 2133 MHz, but there I want to know if it's a hassle getting that to work. 2133 isn't always cheaper than 2400, so obviously buying the higher speed sticks would be better even if the mobo can't make use of it.

im using a b150 chipset that supports 2133mhz

and im using 2666mhz ram running at 2133mhz, its plug and play for me

i tried turning the speed up and it wouldnt boot and re-configured itself and booted... maybe its just an asus bios thing lol

award winning and all

Are there any potential issues that can be run into by using RAM that is faster than 2133 MHz on an H110 chipset? I vaguely remember seeing somewhere a long time ago on another forum, where a user had problems getting his RAM to work properly because he used 2400 MHz on an H110 mobo, but I can't find anything concrete.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

ram support is based on motherboard, not chipset i think

check the motherboard manufacturer website to see what frequency it supports `-`

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

check the motherboard manufacturer website to see what frequency it supports `-`

H110 chipset can only use RAM up to 2133 MHz. However, I want to know if there are any potential problems with running to get faster RAM to work on an H110 mobo. Obviously they will downclock to 2133 MHz, but there I want to know if it's a hassle getting that to work. 2133 isn't always cheaper than 2400, so obviously buying the higher speed sticks would be better even if the mobo can't make use of it.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

10 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Are there any potential issues that can be run into by using RAM that is faster than 2133 MHz on an H110 chipset? I vaguely remember seeing somewhere a long time ago on another forum, where a user had problems getting his RAM to work properly because he used 2400 MHz on an H110 mobo, but I can't find anything concrete.

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

^ Same, depending on the manufacturer the max capacity can vary too I think

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

i tried turning the speed up and it wouldnt boot and re-configured itself and booted... maybe its just an asus bios thing lol

award winning and all

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

award winning and all

Alright, thanks. This is what I wanted to know. I just wanted to be ready just in case.

Just now, AlexTheRose said:

ASUS Military-Grade Class 4X93 Award-Winning Super-plate TRU UEFI BIOS, with self-reconfiguring RAM, and a pencil holder!!!

and Bread Toast™ to satisfy your breakfast needs!

bread toasting only supported on amd chips

totally not ripping off kyle