Using a Higher Hz Monitor on console?

bzurk

I'm looking to get the highest advantage in twitch gaming like call of duty, So i'm almost sure the most crucial thing is the input lag.

What I also see is that the lowest input lag I've been able to search for is:

ASUS VG248QE   ~0.7ms @ 144Hz and 1ms GTG Response time.

Now the only problem is that I also realize that the Consoles only output a max of 60FPS, So would I be just wasting looking at this monitor?

I just need some insight and help on finding the lowest input lag monitor so I have zero trouble and highest advantages in playing competitive games. 

Thanks everyone!

welcome to the forums! :P

remember to quote or mention the person you're replying so they get a notification @bzurk <--- something like this

if your output device is outputing at a max of 60fps, then get a 60hz panel, i recommend IPS for that colour accuracy

the response time for pixel isnt going to matter unless you have really good response/eyes

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

11 minutes ago, bzurk said:

I'm looking to get the highest advantage in twitch gaming like call of duty, So i'm almost sure the most crucial thing is the input lag.

What I also see is that the lowest input lag I've been able to search for is:

ASUS VG248QE   ~0.7ms @ 144Hz and 1ms GTG Response time.

Now the only problem is that I also realize that the Consoles only output a max of 60FPS, So would I be just wasting looking at this monitor?

I just need some insight and help on finding the lowest input lag monitor so I have zero trouble and highest advantages in playing competitive games. 

Thanks everyone!

Any cheap 1ms response 60Hz monitor will do just fine.

I play CS:GO on a 5ms 60Hz older IPS monitor (typically avoided for gaming) but don't have any problems, so I doubt you'll have any either :)

Almost as cool as my temps  

Thanks for the very useful knowledge guys!

On 12 April 2016 at 3:33 AM, Benergy said:

Any cheap 1ms response 60Hz monitor will do just fine.

I play CS:GO on a 5ms 60Hz older IPS monitor (typically avoided for gaming) but don't have any problems, so I doubt you'll have any either :)

I have a xb270hu and 2 old 1080p ips panles and when I duplicate the game on both screens to see any noticeable difference in response time there exaterly the Same 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

On 4/12/2016 at 3:24 AM, Moonzy said:

welcome to the forums! :P

remember to quote or mention the person you're replying so they get a notification @bzurk <--- something like this

if your output device is outputing at a max of 60fps, then get a 60hz panel, i recommend IPS for that colour accuracy

the response time for pixel isnt going to matter unless you have really good response/eyes

Or quoting like how I've done...(quote button under the post)

For your question about monitors, really get any monitor, since your console can only push games at 30fps (or 60 depending on the game) any old 60hz 1080p monitor should be fine. Ips is good if you want some better colours.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :)