RAM issues

hello I just recently put together my new pc and i have 2x8 gigs of ram installed but my pc says i can only use 3 gigs. any help or suggestions so i can use more then just 3 gigs?

thank you so much i have a 32 bit windows 7 so i will save up for windows 10 thanks

3 minutes ago, KoolaidManFapz said:

thank you so much i have a 32 bit windows 7 so i will save up for windows 10 thanks

You can upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit for free. You will have to do the upgrade and then do a clean install of windows 10 64 bit. Upgrade first though. 

1 minute ago, KoolaidManFapz said:

Just now, Sat1600 said:

You can upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit for free.

Just like Sat said, you can use the Microsoft upgrade to go from Windows 7 32 bit to Windows 10 64 bit for free. No need to save anything :)

7 minutes ago, KoolaidManFapz said:

you can install the windows 10 64-bit version for free up to july, after that you really have to save money

also, its best if you make sure your hardware are capable of 64-bit operation, not a common issue nowadays but you're never too sure

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

also, its best if you make sure your hardware are capable of 64-bit operation, not a common issue nowadays but you're never too sure

Considering he has windows 7, I'd say the chances of incompatibility are pretty slim :)