Help please!

I was building my new pc today but as I was installing the cpu I put it in slightly incorrectly(a little to far to the right of the socket) but I tried to jiggle it into place buy it I think I rubbed the two off of each other, not a huge amount or anything just wondering if I could've have damaged either part? The cpu is installed with the cooler and everything,  will be test booting tomorrow so I guess I'll see then... 

Check to see if any pins came off CPU

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

2 minutes ago, Trav_X said:

Check to see if any pins came off CPU

It's intel, so no pins on cpu, just contacts 

4 minutes ago, Webnerdz said:

It's intel, so no pins on cpu, just contacts 

I'm not really understanding the problem. Won't boot? Check your RAM too.

CPU: Ryzen 3800X  MOBO: Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)  RAM: Corsair LPX 3200MHz 35GB (2x16) GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 PSU: EVGA  850BQ  COOLING: Noctua NH-D15  CASE: Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White

13 minutes ago, Reagan Reese said:

I'm not really understanding the problem. Won't boot? Check your RAM too.

Just wondering if a slight rubbing of the cpu and mobo cpu slot, would have damaged either of them? 

2 minutes ago, Webnerdz said:

Just wondering if a slight rubbing of the cpu and mobo cpu slot, would have damaged either of them? 

bro its like 50/50 just boot it up if it doesn't boot check over all your computer and power cables, still no boot then it did fuck it up. 

22 minutes ago, Webnerdz said:

That you'll have to check if any of the pins in the CPU socket is bent in any way or not.

An ordinary CPU socket:

CPU_Socket_775_T.jpg

A socket with bent pins (IDK why it isn't being embedded properly):

http://forums.tweaktown.com/attachments/gigabyte/5916d1371796682-x58a-ud3r-bent-cpu-pins-cpu-socket-bent-pins-example-crop_75-jpg

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.