Evga g2 sleeved cables

bart69132

I want to get black and white sleeved cables for a evga g2 psu, but i don't know all the cables i will need to get, just extensions or a full set??

I will buy them from here but if you have a better place then i will use that

Just now, bart69132 said:

Thanks!

Your welcome, i have had good luck with those and its a good price especially for complete custom cables!

1 minute ago, cpeterson19 said:

Your welcome, i have had good luck with those and its a good price especially for complete custom cables!

One last question, do you think black and grey (or silver?) will work with this build? I will be getting a polaris or pascal gpu so ignore that, also ignore some of the odd parts, its just because im getting VERY, VERY good prices on them and thought, why not?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£80.00) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£45.00) 
Motherboard: MSI Z170A SLI PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£104.72 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (£57.02) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£68.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£37.98 @ Novatech) 
Case: Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case  (£69.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£79.99 @ Novatech) 
Total: £543.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-11 20:06 BST+0100

Extensions allows for reusability with other PSUs.

Fully sleeved allow for full coverage of the wires from the PSU to the components. It also introduce less resistance and potential problems from a larger voltage drop because of it (as long as the extension are of good quality and have good contact, this point is may be negligible).

Reusability can be a deciding factor as since EVGA doesn't standardized their pinout across different pin-out, whatever full sleeved kit you get will only guarantee to work with the Leadex based _2.

15 minutes ago, bart69132 said:

One last question, do you think black and grey (or silver?) will work with this build? I will be getting a polaris or pascal gpu so ignore that, also ignore some of the odd parts, its just because im getting VERY, VERY good prices on them and thought, why not?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£80.00) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£45.00) 
Motherboard: MSI Z170A SLI PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£104.72 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (£57.02) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£68.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£37.98 @ Novatech) 
Case: Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case  (£69.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£79.99 @ Novatech) 
Total: £543.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-11 20:06 BST+0100

Definently Black and Grey, it will match your MOBO and your cpu cooler. it will look very cool! Thumps up!

9 minutes ago, quan289 said:

Extensions allows for reusability with other PSUs.

Fully sleeved allow for full coverage of the wires from the PSU to the components. It also introduce less resistance and potential problems from a larger voltage drop because of it (as long as the extension are of good quality and have good contact, this point is may be negligible).

Reusability can be a deciding factor as since EVGA doesn't standardized their pinout across different pin-out, whatever full sleeved kit you get will only guarantee to work with the Leadex based _2.

Great! But where the heck do i get them? I'm in the UK so i don't think i can use that cable mod configurator thing

12 minutes ago, bart69132 said:

Great! But where the heck do i get them? I'm in the UK so i don't think i can use that cable mod configurator thing

Extensions? CableMod does offer an Extension kit for the 24 pin, 4+4 pin, and two PEG cables (either two 6 pin or one 6 pin and one 8 pin).

https://eustore.cablemod.com/product/cablemod-basic-cable-extension-kit-66-pin-series-black-white/

https://eustore.cablemod.com/product/cablemod-basic-cable-extension-kit-86-pin-series-black-white/

And full sleeved kit: https://eustore.cablemod.com/product/cableod-e-series-g2-p2-cable-kit-black-white/

2 minutes ago, quan289 said:

Extensions?

No, black and grey cables, i can get black and white cables from overclockers uk

Just now, bart69132 said:

No, black and grey cables, i can get black and white cables from overclockers uk

AFAIK, CableMod doesn't offer a black and grey, so you need to used the configurator if you go with CableMod and customized it with black and silver sleeves. They offer worldwide shipping.

There are people who do custom design cables for you in the EU, but I'm not really into the whole sleeving scene, so I don't know of them. Sorry.

1 minute ago, quan289 said:

AFAIK, CableMod doesn't offer a black and grey, so you need to used the configurator if you go with CableMod and customized it with black and silver sleeves. They offer worldwide shipping.

There are people who do custom design cables for you in the EU, but I'm not really into the whole sleeving scene, so I don't know of them. Sorry.

Thanks for the info, i will look into the configurator more