Case suggestions

Cheesuscrust

Hi. 

I'm planning to build a new computer to mark the end of my education and (hopefully) start of my working life. 

I have been working on designing my own case for a while, but for various reasons it won't happen.

I will be putting 2 SSD's, 1 GPU and an ATX or mATX in it. No cd drives, no harddrives. I wan't to try watercooling, and for some reason I want to try 140mm radiators. I'm thinking 2 3x140mm radiators with push/pull. 

What case would you suggest? I would like to say money isn't an issue, and to some extent it isn't. But ofcourse there's a limit. 

Oh, and I "need" a windowed sidepanel.. :P

It would be very helpful to know the specific parts. If you are just starting to plan the build, start with the CPU/GPU/MOBO and go from there.

3 minutes ago, Cheesuscrust said:

an ATX or mATX

decide on your motherboard before buying a case, an mATX case wont fit an ATX board, while an mATX board will look weird in an ATX case :P

4 minutes ago, Cheesuscrust said:

2 3x140mm radiators with push/pull.

this is going to role out a ton of cases lol, including all mATX cases

if you're into 2 420mm radiators, you'll want a full tower which will normally dwarf your computer, i suggest going dual 240mm, it is most of the time enough for most people's computer

if you opt for smaller rads, H440, N450, S340, 760T, Define R5, Define S, are all great case

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, akskl said:

It would be very helpful to know the specific parts. If you are just starting to plan the build, start with the CPU/GPU/MOBO and go from there.

I don't know them yet. GPU will be the next generation nVidia.

1 minute ago, Cheesuscrust said:

I don't know them yet. GPU will be the next generation nVidia.

In that case (pun not intended), I would recommend waiting for more details on Pascal. I am doing something similar, so if you plan on waiting for the new generation, give it a month or two IMHO. If you need a computer ASAP, then Pascal is not an option.

10 minutes ago, Cheesuscrust said:

Hi. 

I'm planning to build a new computer to mark the end of my education and (hopefully) start of my working life. 

I have been working on designing my own case for a while, but for various reasons it won't happen.

I will be putting 2 SSD's, 1 GPU and an ATX or mATX in it. No cd drives, no harddrives. I wan't to try watercooling, and for some reason I want to try 140mm radiators. I'm thinking 2 3x140mm radiators with push/pull. 

What case would you suggest? I would like to say money isn't an issue, and to some extent it isn't. But ofcourse there's a limit. 

Oh, and I "need" a windowed sidepanel.. :P

The define r5 has good radiator support. You can remove all drive cages for adding the radiators, the ssds can be put behind the motherboard, and it's very pleasant to build in.

If you really want all of those radiators in full size, though, then get a full tower. 

6 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

if you opt for smaller rads, H440, N450, S340, 760T, Define R5, Define S, are all great case

Thank you, will look into those.

2x240mm is an option, and from what I've read they should be big enough.

2 minutes ago, Cheesuscrust said:

Thank you, will look into those.

2x240mm is an option, and from what I've read they should be big enough.

one components roughly require about 120mm rad with 30mm thickness lol

so cpu + 2 gpu (normally) will roughly be 360mm, add another 120mm for overhead and you'll get 480mm :P

which can be seperated into 2 240mm rads, most of the case i mentioned can fit 240 in the front and top, and maybe an 120 at the rear for even more radiator support

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

If you really want to try water cooling on a midtower, than the fractal design define s would be a perfect candidate for you to try out. I know the case supports dual 360 rads, but definitely not in push pull.  If you want a much bigger case that can easily fit as many rads as you could desire, look into the Phanteks Enthoo primo or corsair 900d.  They are a bit expensive, but for water cooling they have alot of options!