H100i Review

chris

A very good liquid cooler for those who want the best cooling but do not want a full custom water cooling loop. My i7-3770k@4.6GHz was getting 75°C after 12 hours of prime95 with the stock fans, at the lowest RPM that Corsair link allowed.

Another point: Corsair Link is a brilliant program which not only looks great but allows you to customise compatible products (like this one). The colour of the Corsair logo can be changed through Corsair Link painlessly to match the colour scheme of your build. The H100i is simple and easy to install, due to its' magnetic modular mount. The thumb screws also make this easy to install and remove.

The only issue that I have with this product, is that when the fans are set to their lowest RPM and you cannot hear them spin, you do get some coil whine. Doesn't bother me as it is almost inaudible, and this is while not in it's case, so I doubt I will be able to hear it. There is also no discernible pump noise.

The H100i has mounts for Intel: LGA 1155/6; 2011; 1366;

AMD: AM2; AM3; FM1; FM2;

The H100i gets a solid 10/10 for it's stellar cooling performance, and customisibility.

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=77648&...acture=Corsair

Please correct me where I am wrong!

Wow, nice, didn't know the lights could change colour! xD

Nice little tipbit of information there. :)

That's awesome I didn't know it changed colors either. I just ordered one and hopefully it gets here soon! :D

i5 3570k @ 4.4GHZ / AMD 7950 @ 1100 GPU - 1400 MEMORY / 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE @ 1600MHZ 

Awesome micro review bro! I just bought one a week ago after getting a successful 4ghz oc on my i7 950. I was using a hyper212+ and was getting pretty decent temps in Intel burn but wanted more temp head room.

I went from 70c ish to low 60s with 1.39 vcore. I really love the h100i and would recommend it to anyone needing simple water cooling.

Nice review. I like how straight to the point it is. Im definitely a very lazy person and don't want to read much. Hahahah

A good cooler from all reports, though some of the benchmarks are a little concerning -- particularly those showing the H80i as superior to the H100i? Some parts of the internet are just truly cursed.

Otherwise, to me, it looks exceptional.

Thanks for the positivity guys! I might review my motherboard after i RMA it.

(No that won't affect the motherboard's review!)

A good cooler from all reports, though some of the benchmarks are a little concerning -- particularly those showing the H80i as superior to the H100i? Some parts of the internet are just truly cursed.

Aye, it does--though I never did find out why it won out in the benchmarks that Linus posted on his Twitter?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6530/closing-the-loop-contained-liquidcoolers-from-corsair-and-nzxt-compared/5

See? How? How does this happen?

well for a h100i and a 3770k without oc your temps are a bit high, normally you would get MAX. 40 degrees (even the fans are at 800u/min or whatever) since i a friend of mine has a i5 2500k wich has almost the same heat output. his cpu does not go above 35 degrees under load( 6 hours), and he only has a h100 without i so you should get under 40 degrees as i said so i would take of my block and look if the cpu block has bad contact between the heatspreader and the block itself.

My Pc: Intel I7 920 @3.0GHZ; 1.024V /Arctic freezer 7 / GTX 280 @stock; 0.938v; Gtx 280 @400/800/550; 0.8V; soon: 8800gts; gt730 /6x2GB 1333 @1430mhz/ 2x 250gb WD 7200rpm Raid0; 1500GB Seagate HDD / Be quiet L8 500w / Gigabyte X58a-OC  / Sharkoon T28 Green

my bad guys, the h80i will perform just under the h100i as it has almost as much surface area (2x the thickness but only 120mm i think)

still the h100i is the best for watercooling if you cant get a kraken X60 in your build!

well for a h100i and a 3770k without oc your temps are a bit high, normally you would get MAX. 40 degrees (even the fans are at 800u/min or whatever) since i a friend of mine has a i5 2500k wich has almost the same heat output. his cpu does not go above 35 degrees under load( 6 hours), and he only has a h100 without i so you should get under 40 degrees as i said so i would take of my block and look if the cpu block has bad contact between the heatspreader and the block itself.
yeah my results are bad due to some faulty components. RMAing them and I will update my scores as and when i put it all back together

Awesome micro review bro! I just bought one a week ago after getting a successful 4ghz oc on my i7 950. I was using a hyper212+ and was getting pretty decent temps in Intel burn but wanted more temp head room. I went from 70c ish to low 60s with 1.39 vcore. I really love the h100i and would recommend it to anyone needing simple water cooling.

I'm thinking about getting this for my i7 920.

Have been asking a few people around the forums about what I should do to cool my CPU, and the H60 and H100i have kept popping up, yet nobody mentioned the changeable lights! I am pretty much certain on getting the H100i, but I must ask, is there any cons to this CPU cooler?

CPU: i5 2500K 3.3 Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 550 Ti RAM: 4GB HDD: 200Gb

Have been asking a few people around the forums about what I should do to cool my CPU, and the H60 and H100i have kept popping up, yet nobody mentioned the changeable lights! I am pretty much certain on getting the H100i, but I must ask, is there any cons to this CPU cooler?
There arent any cons as far as I can tell apart from the very feint coil whine when the fans are on their lowest rpms. Get whichever you want, although bigger is better. Also take a look at the Kraken X60, as it also has the light that you can change, and is also bigger and provides move cooling. Make sure the cooler will fit in your case though!

okay ^^ and it woud be nice to include screenshots with the windows snipping tool and overcclock tests, because the h100 is not worth it without overclocking ;)

My Pc: Intel I7 920 @3.0GHZ; 1.024V /Arctic freezer 7 / GTX 280 @stock; 0.938v; Gtx 280 @400/800/550; 0.8V; soon: 8800gts; gt730 /6x2GB 1333 @1430mhz/ 2x 250gb WD 7200rpm Raid0; 1500GB Seagate HDD / Be quiet L8 500w / Gigabyte X58a-OC  / Sharkoon T28 Green

Good review!

I am using this in my Matx silverstone build at the moment. Watching HD videos and browsing the web(day to day) keeps my cpu around 20-25c. If you are getting a coil whine from the fans make sure you update to the latest firmware from corsair. This usually helps. Also the 100i pump has the ability to attach up to a push pull set up as well as command another C. Link device (760i psu myself).

My only gripe is (I am overly anal about sound from my pc) is on some you will get a pump whine. If you normally watch videos or listen to music you wont hear it usually. But I like to sit and read quietly and since im about 2 feet away it can be bothersome. Though this is not the case for all 100i's as I have two and the second one is not as bad.

coil whine is no bigger when you get some noctua fans ;P

when i plug my 2 fans to the Y-Connecter and then into the fan header directly on the H100i, i cant seem to control the fan speeds through the link software. Is it just me or anyone else?

when i plug my 2 fans to the Y-Connecter and then into the fan header directly on the H100i, i cant seem to control the fan speeds through the link software. Is it just me or anyone else?
there might be some drivers that you need to install,

are you running the stock fans or after market ones?

Im using the 2 stock fans. the firmware is 1.0.4 the latest.

Nice review! Could do with some pictures and how much of a change in temp over stock cooler would be good also.

Also, to anyone thinking of uying one of these, I would suggest waiting for the swiftech h220.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

H100i is an awesome cooler using it for nearly 3 weeks now. Temps are good, could be better but that all depends on the chip as well.

There is also no discernible pump noise.

So you're saying that the pump does not make that annoying pump "rattling noise"? If you own the original H100 you might know what i'm talking about. It sounds sort of like a harddrive reading/writing data.

An opinion far away from your own can only be seen as madness.