Worst Experience Stalling a Car

nathanhd123

So recently I have started learning to drive and today I stalled a couple of times trying to pull out of a busy junction, the guy behind me got a bit annoyed and pulled out the junction from the wrong side.

So what is your worst experience stalling a car?

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

all i have done is turn the engine on and moved the wheel about

Am i the only one who read stilling a car? :lol:

Anyway i suppose it was when i switched from 6th to 1st or it was 3rd gear i was pretty lucky..

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

In North America, we mostly drive vehicles with automatic transmissions. Stalls generally aren't an issue.

In North America, we mostly drive vehicles with automatic transmissions. Stalls generally aren't an issue.

Fair point, In the UK there are a lot more manual cars around!

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

Because you lazy bastards can't be arsed to learn how to drive a manual:p On a serious note I like automatics way better than manuals, I do have the gear pedals behind the steering wheel and "S" next to "D" if I want switch gears manually, which isn't very often.

Also, everyone stalls the car in their first lesson:p

Because you lazy bastards can't be arsed to learn how to drive a manual:p On a serious note I like automatics way better than manuals, I do have the gear pedals behind the steering wheel and "S" next to "D" if I want switch gears manually, which isn't very often.

Also, everyone stalls the car in their first lesson:p

What car do you have? Just asking :)

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Automatic cars are no fun

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Automatic cars are no fun

This.

And it's for girls =P

Stalling your car happens the first few times you drive a manual car. [read "manly car"]. But you will get used to the feeling when you should be hitting the clutch and / or the gas to keep it running ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

My father just got a new car with Start-Stop-System, so everytime I am waiting at a traffic light I only stay on the break, releasing the cluch. To start again, you have to hit the clutch and switch into 1st. I am a rather sporty driver (I am german btw :D ), so it takes time to get used to the extra 2 seconds until you start moving. 

General rule: When you feelin the rpm drop, either downshift or pedal to the metal! 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

I've been fairly lucky so i haven't really stalled my car at bad times.

But i've had a complete engine blow in heavy traffic. That was embarrasing. Had to push my car onto the side of the road next to a bus stop :(

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Back when I was learning stick, I once stalled out on a steep incline in some pretty heavy rain, my car has an older design for a fuel system and I flooded the engine upon trying to start it up. I had to get out and push, up hill, in the rain, while my mother drove. But since haven't stalled once, and more important, I don't hold the gas when starting the engine.

As an American, and with 5 years worth of driving experience, I have driven seven different manuals, and two automatics one of which is my mothers van.

I don't hold the gas when starting the engine.

I hate carborated engines! I have an 85 CJ7 that's a pain to start.

On topic: I love driving a stick shift. It makes me feel more in control of the car. I hated the CVT tranny on my G6. It was terrible in the rain and snow. (I have a Kia Soul, if you couldn't tell from my profile pic)

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I hate carborated engines! I have an 85 CJ7 that's a pain to start.

On topic: I love driving a stick shift. It makes me feel more in control of the car. I hated the CVT tranny on my G6. It was terrible in the rain and snow. (I have a Kia Soul, if you couldn't tell from my profile pic)

Its fuel injected, its just not electronically controlled, hitting the gas will still put gas in the chamber wither or not the engine is on or off. 

Its fuel injected, its just not electronically controlled, hitting the gas will still put gas in the chamber wither or not the engine is on or off.

If it wasn't carborated, why would ever hold the gas down when starting it?

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

If it wasn't carborated, why would ever hold the gas down when starting it?

I'm a tall guy, I hit grazed it when hitting the break. 

I LOVE mechanical fuel injection :D so easy to work with and (atleast on my car) extremely reliable.

But carbs are nice too. Fun to work on. and carb engines tend to sound alot better

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I LOVE mechanical fuel injection :D so easy to work with and (atleast on my car) extremely reliable.

But carbs are nice too. Fun to work on. and carb engines tend to sound alot better

I'm a poor student, I can't support the gas for a carburetor. 

I dread stalling my car, because it always floods if I do. I then cant start it for 5 - 10 min... and if I stall when its on cold start OMG total nightmare...

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

I'm only hoping to get my driving license soon :>

I am so pumped to get an old Peugeot 205 GTi... even if it will cost me a million to keep it running.

that is a nice choice. Pormcorn

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450