Positive air pressure

27-bit

I have the Lancool K7 hybrid case. I have 2 front intakes and modded a top intake (all 120mm). For exhaust only 2, the PSU fan and the Intel liquid cooler are pushing air out of the case.

The problem is that when the system is under load, the radiator fan speeds up pushing more air out and unfiltered air start coming in from vents located in the back of the case!!

Every week I have to open it up and clean it from dust!!

Should I add a fourth fan or do you think it is better to put something on the vents to filter the air?

btw the top intake is undervolted to 7v because it is so loud (Coolermater SickleFlow 120mm)

=

Well, depending on how OCD you are... you could always just take some clear packing tape and seal the spots where air is leaking in... but, under load you obviously don't have enough pressure coming in (3x120) for your exhaust, which leads me to believe you may need to actually replace your intake fans. Get them bringing in more air, create more pressure. What are the front fans? I assume they are all filtered intakes... Maybe some Noctua or Corsair AF fans?

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

It's very important you filter the intake air. No wonder you're getting higher than normal dust accumulation.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Filter all the intakes and switch all fans except for the radiator to pull air in. the only exhaust fan on my 600t is the top 200mm fan.I switched the back 120 to an intake to blow more air onto my 212EVO, that together with the 200mm front intake has made my case accumulate almost no dust in the past few months

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Well, depending on how OCD you are... you could always just take some clear packing tape and seal the spots where air is leaking in... but, under load you obviously don't have enough pressure coming in (3x120) for your exhaust, which leads me to believe you may need to actually replace your intake fans. Get them bringing in more air, create more pressure. What are the front fans? I assume they are all filtered intakes... Maybe some Noctua or Corsair AF fans?
The 2 front intakes are the ones that came with the case (low rpm fans). The only fans that I could find in my area are the Coolermater SickleFlow which are loud when running on 12v.

And yes all intakes are filtered..

Should I go for the coolermaster ones, they are 2200rpm led fans.

=

Filter all the intakes and switch all fans except for the radiator to pull air in. the only exhaust fan on my 600t is the top 200mm fan.I switched the back 120 to an intake to blow more air onto my 212EVO, that together with the 200mm front intake has made my case accumulate almost no dust in the past few months

Wont that let all the hot air go into my case! And should I also flip the PSU fan?

=

The PSU can stay down all on its own. The only way hot air can go in is if the room is hot, but when it comes to positive pressure the pros out weigh the cons by a long shot. Just have your top fan be the only exhaust and filter all the intakes and you're good to go

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

That may make a difference - push more cool air into your case then the current ones are...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.