Ubuntu Ethernet Problems

Go to solution Solved by Jdogbf,

So I went to try and install the drivers and enable that option in the BIOS, and it destroyed all data on all of my drives. Don't know how, but it did. Had to reinstall windows and the whole 9 yards. Maybe will pick up Ubuntu again in the future, but for now I will stick with windows. :)

I am in a hardware class at school and we got to install it and play with it. I found out that it is really cool so I tried at home. Got it installed but it is not connecting to the internet at all. It is by Ethernet and on windows it works, on Ubuntu it does not... Any tricks?

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive

Is this on the PC in your signature? We need a little more information to help you.

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

Just now, steezemageeze said:

Is this on the PC in your signature? We need a little more information to help you.

Yeah, minus a few hard drives. Router is a netgear router AC1600, Hardware #  R625

The hard drives missing is my new C drive and the drive Ubuntu is on. C drive is a PNY CS1200 480gb and Ubuntu is on the same series but a 120gb. On comcast so the router in then into the comcast one.

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive

Well from a quick Google search, that card has been giving people hell for years. Like, so bad that people end up buying new network cards. The first thing to try is to check for an "Enable IOMMU" option in your BIOS. The fix seems to be either just the IOMMU option, just installing the Linux driver from Realtek, or a combination of the two.

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

Just now, steezemageeze said:

Well from a quick Google search, that card has been giving people hell for years. Like, so bad that people end up buying new network cards. The first thing to try is to check for an "Enable IOMMU" option in your BIOS. The fix seems to be either just the IOMMU option, just installing the Linux driver from Realtek, or a combination of the two.

Ok I will try this out

My PC Spec:

You can try to install the official Realtek driver, but the link I found didn't work so you'd have to look for one yourself.
I think you will probably need to get a new NIC if the basic solutions won't work. Don't worry, those cards are dirt cheap.

So I went to try and install the drivers and enable that option in the BIOS, and it destroyed all data on all of my drives. Don't know how, but it did. Had to reinstall windows and the whole 9 yards. Maybe will pick up Ubuntu again in the future, but for now I will stick with windows. :)

My PC Spec: