New college build HELP!

Donahoy17

So for the past couple months I've been dwelling on the topic of AMF vs.Intel for the cpu in my build for college;not because I'm a fan boy of one or the other but because I'm torn by their options. I'll be doing a lot of cpu intensive forensic data recovery and I can't quite seem to find a straight answer as to whether the software I'll be using will leverage straight cpu cores like I could have on an AMD Fx 8350 or if hyperthreading on an I7 would really knock it out of the park.

Any suggestions from people who do a lot of processor intensive work like this?

2 minutes ago, Donahoy17 said:

So for the past couple months I've been dwelling on the topic of AMF vs.Intel for the cpu in my build for college;not because I'm a fan boy of one or the other but because I'm torn by their options. I'll be doing a lot of cpu intensive forensic data recovery and I can't quite seem to find a straight answer as to whether the software I'll be using will leverage straight cpu cores like I could have on an AMD Fx 8350 or if hyperthreading on an I7 would really knock it out of the park.

the i7 will win against the 8350 regardless of single thread or multithread workload tbh

assuming the i7 is the latest ones

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Would definitely be the latest generation, and thanks for the quick reply moonzy!

Definitely helps a bunch

5 minutes ago, Donahoy17 said:

I see you took my advice. And 4790k still beats 8350 in multi threaded performance.

23 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

I see you took my advice. And 4790k still beats 8350 in multi threaded performance.

Ot defining it the other way around. In games you get without OC about the same performance out of an 8350 as an i7 3770k ( the i7 has an edge by a small few %). Any newer i7 will of course be faster.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

-deleted, wrong thread- `-`

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately