Need some advice on my (somewhat) first build

Alright so I've built some pretty basic stuff before for family, friends, and people who offered to pay me. Now I want to build myself one, but I'm having trouble deciding about several things such as GPU's, CPU's, and the monitor. First I want to address the "monitor". What I'm looking foe is very specific and so far I haven't had any luck. I'm trying to find something I can hook up to my console, computer, and Dish and runs 4k.The size that I'm looking for is where it blurs the line between a TV or a monitor because I'm looking for, ideally, a 32" screen. As far as a GPU goes I'm debating on waiting until Pascal is released before I buy one.

Then there is the CPU, I've looked at specs, reviews, and all sorts of Benchmarks and it leaves ma a little stumped. The reviews are about 50/50 but tend to lean towards Intel instead of AMD yet when I look at the specs AMD has a faster speed than Intel, but the Benchmarks seem to firmly place Intel at the top. Why is this? I didn't think hyperthreading made that much of a difference or is it that Intel CPUs just have a higher IPC?

For the tower itself in the ball park of $1200ish or more if need be.

4 minutes ago, Matthew_innes said:

what kind of color scheme for the pc 

Color? White and blue if I can pull it off right. I saw something by, I'm gonna say Deepcool, once that I thought was kick***.

Not a bad option. Can you replace the tubes of the Corsair H100i? If so I could always substitute the default tubing with blue tubing. 

yeah you can but it would void the warranty raijintek do any aio with clear tubing with red green and blue die  

it called raijintek triton 

im not real good with monitors but i will take a look BTW i am look for part in white and blue

The parts themselves aren't awfully hard to find, and honestly Performance is the top most priority. If worse comes to worse I can always do a different color scheme.   

2 minutes ago, Matthew_innes said:

how much are you will to spend on the monitor 

As much as need be, but I'm not sure whether what I'm looking for is a monitor or a TV.

it probably more of a TV  for that size res and to get a dish 

then for the pc you could bet some cable extensions in blue and white

and if you build this i want to pics of it

Edited by Matthew_innes

1 hour ago, HacknThaHelix said:

Alright so I've built some pretty basic stuff before for family, friends, and people who offered to pay me. Now I want to build myself one, but I'm having trouble deciding about several things such as GPU's, CPU's, and the monitor. First I want to address the "monitor". What I'm looking foe is very specific and so far I haven't had any luck. I'm trying to find something I can hook up to my console, computer, and Dish and runs 4k.The size that I'm looking for is where it blurs the line between a TV or a monitor because I'm looking for, ideally, a 32" screen. As far as a GPU goes I'm debating on waiting until Pascal is released before I buy one.

Then there is the CPU, I've looked at specs, reviews, and all sorts of Benchmarks and it leaves ma a little stumped. The reviews are about 50/50 but tend to lean towards Intel instead of AMD yet when I look at the specs AMD has a faster speed than Intel, but the Benchmarks seem to firmly place Intel at the top. Why is this? I didn't think hyperthreading made that much of a difference or is it that Intel CPUs just have a higher IPC?

Do notice that there's a different between TV and monitor, mainly input lag and refresh rate. Also depend on how you want to game, like if you sit on a chair right infront of the monitor, 32 inch will be way too big and you wont be able to see the whole screen easily (Trust me, my 27 inch monitor barely fit into my field of view when I sit right infront of it), if you are gaming on a couch then sure, it's ok. 

Clock speed mean absolutely nothing in CPU/GPU world. a 2GHz CPU could easily beat a 3GHz CPU depend on the generation it come front and other things. Think of it like this: the 3GHz CPU can do 1 calculation per clock, vs a 2GHz CPU that can do 2 calculations per clock, which one will be better? Clock speed can only be use to compare when they are from the same generation, for example an i5 gen 4 clock at 3Ghz will be better than an i5 gen 4 clocked at 2Ghz. So overall it's better to search for benchmarks when you want to compare CPU. 

As for the PC you want, do you want to overclock your PC? What kind of work are you doing with it (Only gaming or some HEAVY 3D modeling/rendering video work etc)? 

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

1 hour ago, Megazero said:

As for the PC you want, do you want to overclock your PC? What kind of work are you doing with it (Only gaming or some HEAVY 3D modeling/rendering video work etc)? 

Overclocking is a possibility, especially if it brings the cost down. The work I do (Besides gaming) is heavy 3D moeling, I use AutoCAD almost exclusively and rather intensively.

Also I am aware of the differences between both TVs and monitors when it comes to stuff like response time, I am just unsure whether a monitor is capable of connecting to my TV provider and PS4 (PS4K when it comes out). As for the size I always seem to have at least 4 or 5 guys over on game day and it tends to get a little crowded in my apt.

Thanks for the info on the CPUs. I have looked over many benchmarks but haven't noticed any that list Instruction per cycle. Any ideas were one might be listed?