So, to begin with, my name is Steve and I come from Bulgaria( no one cares, I know :D ). I have decided to reach out for help from all of you guys, so lets begin!
In 3 to 4 months, give or take, I will be attempting to build myself a gaming PC that could handle almost all games on high graphics at about 50+ FPS.
So for now I am going with this - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Dsqr99
Now, I went for that build because I got an idea from Austin's (Evans) Positron 2.0 build on youtube. I think they are buddies, with Linus, so I hope that it ain't against the rules or anything to mention other youtubers. I decided to change the GPU from a R9 390 to a 980ti because, well I've got a 1000 british pounds budget so why the heck not, right? (hopefully I am not going overkill here).. :D Anyway, if I am not mistaking, the 980ti also is a less power hungry card and I've always wanted an Nvidia GPU ( not an AMD hater ), therefore I am probablly going with the 980Ti.
I've decided to go with an i5 6600k because as far as I know, I don't really need an i7 since i5 6600k is decent enough for gaming...
Now, the problem ( not really a problem ) that I am trying to solve - do I really need 16 gb of ram or can I roll with 8 gb. But I decided to go with 16 gigs, because, like I said, it is in my budget ( hopefully ) .
For the other parts, I don't see anything to discuss about them. They are something that a gaming PC should have, in my opinion.

Thanks for spending some time to read my "topic" . Some people might think that some of my questions are redundant, however I am new at building PCs and extra help is always appreciated.
Cheers!

15 minutes ago, Skygger said:

So, to begin with, my name is Steve and I come from Bulgaria( no one cares, I know :D ). I have decided to reach out for help from all of you guys, so lets begin!
In 3 to 4 months, give or take, I will be attempting to build myself a gaming PC that could handle almost all games on high graphics at about 50+ FPS.
So for now I am going with this - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Dsqr99
Now, I went for that build because I got an idea from Austin's (Evans) Positron 2.0 build on youtube. I think they are buddies, with Linus, so I hope that it ain't against the rules or anything to mention other youtubers. I decided to change the GPU from a R9 390 to a 980ti because, well I've got a 1000 british pounds budget so why the heck not, right? (hopefully I am not going overkill here).. :D Anyway, if I am not mistaking, the 980ti also is a less power hungry card and I've always wanted an Nvidia GPU ( not an AMD hater ), therefore I am probablly going with the 980Ti.
I've decided to go with an i5 6600k because as far as I know, I don't really need an i7 since i5 6600k is decent enough for gaming...
Now, the problem ( not really a problem ) that I am trying to solve - do I really need 16 gb of ram or can I roll with 8 gb. But I decided to go with 16 gigs, because, like I said, it is in my budget ( hopefully ) .
For the other parts, I don't see anything to discuss about them. They are something that a gaming PC should have, in my oppinion.

Thanks for spending some time to read my "topic" . Some people might think that some of my questions are redundant, however I am new at building PCs and extra help is always appretiated.
Cheers!

Looks like a great build. Can't fault anything in it.

2 hours ago, Skygger said:

So you're ordering from the UK?

If so what exactly are you using your PC for, and what is your display set up? I really hope you don't plan to run a 980ti with a 1080p 60hz display.

In addition Nvidia's current cards, Maxwell, don't gain anything really from DX12, which is what a lot of games in the future will be using, and is why you'd probably want an AMD GPU, not to mention that you save money with free-sync vs G-sync.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

15 hours ago, Streetguru said:

So you're ordering from the UK?

If so what exactly are you using your PC for, and what is your display set up? I really hope you don't plan to run a 980ti with a 1080p 60hz display.

In addition Nvidia's current cards, Maxwell, don't gain anything really from DX12, which is what a lot of games in the future will be using, and is why you'd probably want an AMD GPU, not to mention that you save money with free-sync vs G-sync.

I will use my build for gaming and editing.
I have not figured out what my Monitor will be but if you can suggest something I'd appreciate it!
And which card do you suggest that I swap the 980ti with so that I still get that solid performence?
Thanks for the feedback !

Good build. Bulgaria huh? Cool. AMD yeah mother YouTuber mentions are fine.

• yep 6600k is fine 
  • if you were on a tighter budget then I would reccomend 8gb but for your budget 16gb is a safe choice, especially if you want s bit of video capability 
  • new gpus are right around the corner. Wait for that. If not a 390 is a good bet. Free sync is a good cheap alternative to g sync as @Streetguru said
  • You could probably get away with 650w
  • grab some fans for that case. Two 140mm at the front would be good

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133

7 minutes ago, BurblingBarbacoa said:

Good build. Bulgaria huh? Cool. AMD yeah mother YouTuber mentions are fine.

• yep 6600k is fine 
  • if you were on a tighter budget then I would reccomend 8gb but for your budget 16gb is a safe choice, especially if you want s bit of video capability 
  • new gpus are right around the corner. Wait for that. If not a 390 is a good bet. Free sync is a good cheap alternative to g sync as @Streetguru said
  • You could probably get away with 650w
  • grab some fans for that case. Two 140mm at the front would be good

I just recognised that the build will use about 495W so I will probablly go with a 650W Power Suply!
Also, if I am on the right track, new GPUs are coming out in mid June, so that means that I will definately have a chance to look at them first before I go into the buying and building. Fans for the front - check!

Thanks for the feedback!

4 minutes ago, Skygger said:

I just recognised that the build will use about 495W so I will probablly go with a 650W Power Suply!
Also, if I am on the right track, new GPUs are coming out in mid June, so that means that I will definately have a chance to look at them first before I go into the buying and building. Fans for the front - check!

Thanks for the feedback!

Anytime :) 

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133