Need help finding/removing bad virus

AsrielDreemurr

OK. This virus is on crack or something. I've never had such a bad virus. There are three of them that were installed without my notification. I came back to my computer today to find windows spamming "Windows Defender has found some malware. Removing it". I was interested to see this. I just ignored it. I opened my browser, and a massive stream of pop ups appeard on my screen and my default browser had been changed. I was able to remove two of them, but one still remains, continuing to say there are updates that need to be installed for every application I launch. It is also tracking my location by displaying ads saying that I've won something. Random installers can also be seen opening without me doing anything. THere is also this random browser that has opened without me doing anything. I crashed it twice in task manager, but I cannot crash it anymore for some reason. Windows Defender says there's malware, but when I open the application, it says there's nothing wrong with the pc. A video below can be seen to illustrate what's happening. I cannot uninstall the third virus that's crating the ads and updates and crap since it's in a different language. Please someone save me from this hell hole... I've signed out of everything just in case I'm being tracked. Once I get rid of this, I will be changing all passwords.

If you play Geometry Dash, would you take the time to rate this demon? 14986973 ;3;

Best practise imo is to wipe the drive and reinstall windows. Use malwere bytes first though boot into safe mode first 

- Download and run ADWCleaner from bleepingcomputer.com

- Download Malwarebytes

- Last resort - HitmanPro.

idk

http://www.superantispyware.com/

I always use this program in addition to MBAM; They get a lot of the same things, but SAS seems to hit a bit more.

GIGABYTE Z97MX-G516GB DDR3 | I5 4690k @ 4.4ghz | 1TB SSHD, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair Graphite 230 | EVGA 650W | Hyper 212 EVO

Cinebench R15: 636(all cores), 127FPS

1 minute ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Best practise imo is to wipe the drive and reinstall windows. Use malwere bytes first though boot into safe mode first 

There's a lot of things that I need on this drive. Is there another alternative? Reinstalling windows? 

If you play Geometry Dash, would you take the time to rate this demon? 14986973 ;3;

3 minutes ago, AsrielDreemurr said:

There's a lot of things that I need on this drive. Is there another alternative? Reinstalling windows? 

Have you backed up your data? I guess you could go through most of your important files and scan them 1 by 1 

5 minutes ago, AsrielDreemurr said:

Boot into safe mode first of all and copy important files to another drive

Hello

Have you backed up your data? I guess you could go through most of your important files and scan them 1 by 1 

I'll use this as a last resort. I'm scanning with windows defender and malwarebytes as we speak. If no result, I'll slowly backup and wipe.

This isn't that bad of an infection my friend

it's bad, but not nuke it from orbit bad

the chinese application was UC Browser, a popular Chinese browser.. strange why it would be installed with adware

idk

Just now, AsrielDreemurr said:

I'll use this as a last resort. I'm scanning with windows defender and malwarebytes as we speak. If no result, I'll slowly backup and wipe.

Use Adwcleaner as well

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I suggest, if you can burn it from another PC, Kaspersky's rescue disk.

You can download the ISO for free, burn it to a cd, boot into it, update the definitions, and run a full scan.

I cannot tell you how many times I have used this to bring back infected computers.

http://support.kaspersky.com/us/viruses/rescuedisk

AVG makes one too, but I trust Kasperskylab

Edited by Aegis2x
Added link.

I've managed to remove the virus by using Malwarebytes, removing it in reg edit, then temp, then booting safe mode and removing it from program files. Thanks for all the help :3

1 hour ago, AsrielDreemurr said:

I've managed to remove the virus by using Malwarebytes, removing it in reg edit, then temp, then booting safe mode and removing it from program files. Thanks for all the help :3

Just to be safe copy all data to another drive and do a clean install. That will remove any traces.

Hello