Need advice for new Power Supply (PSU)

Go to solution Solved by papapoi,

i would definitely stay away from the corsair cx series, i would go for an evga g2, or seasonic x-series, it all depends on your price range and availability in your area.  

the cooler master is modular but has few connections pending on what you have in your pc its could still be messy same as the integra

Hello guy, I'd need some advice on a purchase I'm trying to do for a new PSU.

I'm looking to make my rig tidy so I will get a semi-modular PSU.

I already got my eyes on the  Fractal Design Integra M 750W & the Cooler Master GM Series G750M 750W (also a corsair mode  Corsair CX750M, 750W but i'm reluctant to buy corsair idk, seen alot of negative feedback on that model) 

They all seem nice.

I need them to have long cables that will allow me to do cable management inside my case, my case is a mid-tower but my last PSU had an issue with very small cables that wouldn't reach their destination and i'd have to just leave them over the MB which would look very bad.

If anyone used any of the two models or have any advice, please hit me up.

Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, Oberyn said:

I already got my eyes on the  Fractal Design Integra M 750W & the Cooler Master GM Series G750M 750W (also a corsair mode  Corsair CX750M, 750W but i'm reluctant to buy corsair idk, seen alot of negative feedback on that model) 

They all seem nice.

I need them to have long cables that will allow me to do cable management inside my case, my case is a mid-tower but my last PSU had an issue with very small cables that wouldn't reach their destination and i'd have to just leave them over the MB which would look very bad.

Thanks in advance

I got a be quiet straight Power 10-CM 600W and im very happy with it so far

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

Buildlog expirience swapping to x99: 

i would definitely stay away from the corsair cx series, i would go for an evga g2, or seasonic x-series, it all depends on your price range and availability in your area.  

the cooler master is modular but has few connections pending on what you have in your pc its could still be messy same as the integra

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

5 minutes ago, papapoi said:

My rig has 1 HDD, 2 SSDs, 1 SSHD, 1 cpu, 1 gpu. Thats all.

What's your budget?

If you're looking for a semi-modular PSU, definitely look at EVGA's B2 series. The PSUs you've listed are pretty meh.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Just now, HKZeroFive said:

What's your budget?

If you're looking for a semi-modular PSU, definitely look at EVGA's B2 series. The PSUs you've listed are pretty meh.

it would be around 100 maybe 120 bucks. Thats how much the ones I listed cost.

30 minutes ago, Oberyn said:

They all seem nice.

Thanks in advance

Lemme call someone... @don_svetlio (they helped me earlier and seem to be good at this).

Now i am no PSU expert however, ive always heard to stick to EVGA G2 Series and the SeaSonic G Series (i am actually planning on buying a SeaSonic PSU eventually). Another one i recently found out about is the Antec HCP.

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

23 minutes ago, Oberyn said:

it would be around 100 maybe 120 bucks. Thats how much the ones I listed cost.

And what would this PSU be powering? Specs would be appreciated.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

12 minutes ago, Oberyn said:

My rig has 1 HDD, 2 SSDs, 1 SSHD, 1 cpu, 1 gpu. Thats all.

i would still recommend the evga over those, they should be similar in price range but like i said im not sure what is available in your area, if those were the only three you could choose from then i would go for the cooler master based on what i read on these sites and some others

http://us.hardware.info/reviews/6343/750-850-watt-power-supply-units-39-models-tested

http://us.hardware.info/product/234992/fractal-design-integra-m-750w/specifications

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

10 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

And what would this PSU be powering? Specs would be appreciated.

i7 4790K, GTX 970 Windforce, 12GB Ram 1600mhz, 1 HDD, 2 SSDs, 1 SSHD, 3 gamepads, 1 kb, 1 mouse, 1 headset.

10 minutes ago, papapoi said:

i would still recommend the evga over those, they should be similar in price range but like i said im not sure what is available in your area, if those were the only three you could choose from then i would go for the cooler master based on what i read on these sites and some others

http://us.hardware.info/reviews/6343/750-850-watt-power-supply-units-39-models-tested

http://us.hardware.info/product/234992/fractal-design-integra-m-750w/specifications

I appreciate for your input, thank you

1 minute ago, Oberyn said:

i7 4790K, GTX 970 Windforce, 12GB Ram 1600mhz, 1 HDD, 2 SSDs, 1 SSHD, 3 gamepads, 1 kb, 1 mouse, 1 headset.

Alright. You won't need more than a 500W PSU for that rig since it's not going to consume more than 350W under load.

Have a look at the Antec High Current Gamer 520M. Better quality than the PSUs you've listed above and it should be in the same price range.

Spoiler