Noob question on HDD for new build

Savage8210

Hi Guys, apologies for this noob question but im sure weve all been there.

I have just finishing my new PC build and have a 2Tb HDD installed in my rig which I got from work. It's basically brand new but it was formatted for backup on our server but for some reason due to Windows SBS 2008 it was not compatible, hence why I took the drive and decided to use it in my new build. 

I have not yet even turned the PC on as yet as the CPU is arriving today or tomorrow. Im planning on installing windows 10 from a USB drive as the Noctis450 case does not have space for a CDROM Drive.

My question is how do i get that drive formatted for windows or will windows 10 do the formatting for me on installation?

Help with this will be much appreciated.

I pretty sure that during the partitioning part of the setup you will be able to format your drive correctly.

6 minutes ago, Savage8210 said:

will windows 10 do the formatting for me on installation?

When installing you get the option

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Thank you for your help! Cant wait to get this new rig up and running.

You can format the drive during the installation. If you want to nuke the drive of everything 1st, you can use DBAN it is a great tool and I have fixed corrupt hard drives with it.

3 minutes ago, Red Hippopotamus said:

I pretty sure that during the partitioning part of the setup you will be able to format your drive correctly.

Thanks Red Hippopotamus