would this be a good build for $500?

HI guys, I'm a newbie to the whole build your own pc thing and have been making do with an oem pc with a core 2 quad q8300 and 4 gb ddr2.

I recently bought a gtx 960 and a new psu to help me get started on building a new computer that i can use to run 3d modeling programs like Autodesk Inventor and some games like rocket league and league of legends. 

I only have $500 and my parts list is http://pcpartpicker.com/user/pulkitgupta1217/saved/MXWp99   I adjusted the prices on pc part picker to match the prices at my local microcenter. If you dont want to click the link, here are my parts:

Mobo: AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer lga 1150

Cpu: xeon e3 1231-v3

ram: 16 gb (2x8gb) Kingston savage red ddr3-1600

case: corsair carbide 200r

Harddrive: 1tb wd blue

please give me any suggestions for the build, thanks!

It's a decent build. Just lose the Z97 and grab a H97 motherboard instead.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

4 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

It's a decent build. Just lose the Z97 and grab a H97 motherboard instead.

its hard to find a decent h97 board that is significantly cheaper than the asRock board I found, any similar quality board I saw with a h97 chipset was about the same price so I figure later down the road I might grab an aftermarket cooler and try my hand at bclk overclocking

4 minutes ago, pulkitgupta1217 said:

its hard to find a decent h97 board that is significantly cheaper than the asRock board I found, any similar quality board I saw with a h97 chipset was about the same price so I figure later down the road I might grab an aftermarket cooler and try my hand at bclk overclocking

BCLK OC' won't be worth it. It's not going to make any significant difference before the overclock goes unstable. Skylake is a different story.

If you can't find a cheaper H97 board, then that's fine.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

looks good, but i would recommend getting an SSD and expanding with an HDD later on as moving over the OS from an big HDD to an SSD can be a bit tricky.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

9 hours ago, Johannes_Lazor said:

looks good, but i would recommend getting an SSD and expanding with an HDD later on as moving over the OS from an big HDD to an SSD can be a bit tricky.

i was going to do that at first, but im going to be transfering everything from my old computer to the new one, and unfortunately that exceeds the 240gb that a similarly priced ssd would give me, also im not sure if i would be able to fit all of my software, let alone games on that ssd