Techsource doesn't even know PCs...

Aleksbgbg

at around 1:05 he says that you are supposed to put fans at the front of the cooling radiator to blow cold air in, even though the guy has the fans in pull configuration?

Why does he exist? :D

||| Drakon (Desktop Build) |||

|| CPU: 3800X || Cooler: Kraken X63 || Motherboard: B450 Aorus M || Memory: HyperX DDR4-3200MHz 16G ||

|| Storage: 512GB 970 Pro + 500GB 850 EVO + 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD || Graphics Card: RX 5700 XT Red Devil || Case: Thermaltake Core V21 || PSU: XFX XTR 750W 80+Gold || 

Is this supposed to be a joke or have I missed something..?

4 minutes ago, Aleksbgbg said:

Everyone makes misstakes, I do it, you probably do it as well and heck even Linus does it. Maybe he didn't look at the picture enough or something. And even if he said wrong it's not the end of the world or anything, generally speaking you don't go to Techsource for pc tips you go for him for a bit funny content with nice setups and sweet deals to look at IMHO.

47 minutes ago, Loleo said:

generally speaking you don't go to Techsource for pc tips you go for him for a bit funny content with nice setups and sweet deals to look at IMHO.

hmmm....I might need to check this channel out.

HAHA OP, you tried to put down this channel and got them more viewers! mwhahahahaha

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Everyone makes mistakes, I mean most of the time when Linus talks about Linux it's pretty cringe. 

This is why I'm not subed to this guy. He doesn't really offer any original content IMHO, in his series "setup wars" (which is basically a rip of Matt Phillie's "Pimp My Setup" but turned into a competition) he basically uses footage that others send in for him to edit together as he names the products that he can see (which anyone on this forum could do). And for his "deals" videos, he basically goes on Amazon, looks at the sales page and find a few tech related items to screenshot and reads the description on the product page. Granted, he isnt the only tech channel that does this, I know Tech of Tomorrow does this once a month too. Edger on Techsource does do some build log style videos but I feels that his channel isn't worth my time as he basically leeches off of other channels.

10 hours ago, FourCorners said:

This is why I'm not subed to this guy. He doesn't really offer any original content IMHO, in his series "setup wars" (which is basically a rip of Matt Phillie's "Pimp My Setup" but turned into a competition) he basically uses footage that others send in for him to edit together as he names the products that he can see (which anyone on this forum could do). And for his "deals" videos, he basically goes on Amazon, looks at the sales page and find a few tech related items to screenshot and reads the description on the product page. Granted, he isnt the only tech channel that does this, I know Tech of Tomorrow does this once a month too. Edger on Techsource does do some build log style videos but I feels that his channel isn't worth my time as he basically leeches off of other channels.

I don't think he means to rip off other peoples content but i can agree with what you're saying. 

12 hours ago, FourCorners said:

Hey, if it works it works lol

A lot of channels started up doing that (fantasy build logs, pictures of tech, etc.) until they have the views and funds to get 'physical'. I would do the same shit if I could get the views/subs and I had the time :3 

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

I actually blocked him, I (along with some others) corrected him on how someone could use a xeon to save money, and he went on an absurd rage rant directed at us, stating how xeons are terrible for gaming and can't be used for desktop PCs. 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

18 hours ago, Aleksbgbg said:

Poor show!

17 hours ago, GeekJump said:

Hey, if it works it works lol

A lot of channels started up doing that (fantasy build logs, pictures of tech, etc.) until they have the views and funds to get 'physical'. I would do the same shit if I could get the views/subs and I had the time :3 

I guess his style has worked for him, but I just find it to be a cheap way to be getting views considering that he close to the 600k subscriber mark and still doing these type of videos. 

A good example of somebody doing this to gain traction before doing other styles of videos is Matt from MS Tech as the first video I saw from him and also the first video that really got him views has his $20 000 (or some ridiculous number) fantasy build from a few years ago. Now he makes proper reviews and insightful videos that you can actually learn from.

Never Really heard of this guy, but I am sure he just made a mistake. Has anyone contacted him, and said he made a mistake? 

7 hours ago, FourCorners said:

I guess his style has worked for him, but I just find it to be a cheap way to be getting views considering that he close to the 600k subscriber mark and still doing these type of videos. 

Yea most switch once they pass 100K. Who knows, maybe he can't get sponsors or enough ad earnings to get parts to review on his own.

That...or he's just lazy :P