How much fup does streaming at 720p or 1080p take

bluefire908
Go to solution Solved by EmeraldFlame,
57 minutes ago, bluefire908 said:

i calculated 2000bitrate*time in sec and got 1080000000 bits

Not bits, Kilobits. What you calculated would come out to 135GB not MB. 

recently i switched to fibernet and i now have a limit of 200gb on download AND upload after which my speed goes down to 1mbps,i wanna stream on twitch at 720/60fps or 1080/30fps so i was wondering how much data i'd use up if i streamed 6 hours a day 5 days a week

Max Bitrate * Time in Seconds will give you the maximum bits of data used over the given time.

(Note most programs list bitrate in kilobits.)

Divide by 8 for kilobytes.

Divide by 1024 will give -> Megabytes -> Gigabytes -> Terabytes

However, just so your aware, you should never use more than 80% of your upload toward livestreaming (20% Overhead for bandwidth for the game and other things.

800 kbits/s is the best your going to get out of a 1 mbit/s connection. 720p even at 30 FPS will be pretty highly limited in quality on that. :(

I tried some simple math going by the best quality settings allowed by Twitch (~3500kbps) which would end up at 378gb per week at 6 hours and 5 days. You can still get somewhat watchable 720p/30fps stream with half that bitrate, though. Basically, you really want an unlimited deal if you want to stream.

1 hour ago, normpearii said:

Max Bitrate * Time in Seconds will give you the maximum bits of data used over the given time.

(Note most programs list bitrate in kilobits.)

Divide by 8 for kilobytes.

Divide by 1024 will give -> Megabytes -> Gigabytes -> Terabytes

However, just so your aware, you should never use more than 80% of your upload toward livestreaming (20% Overhead for bandwidth for the game and other things.

800 kbits/s is the best your going to get out of a 1 mbit/s connection. 720p even at 30 FPS will be pretty highly limited in quality on that. :(

i calculated 2000bitrate*time in sec and got 1080000000 bits,nw if i convert it to gigabytes in google's converter i get 135 mb????,can some1 help me with this or am i missing something cuz the no.of bits feels waaay to low 

57 minutes ago, bluefire908 said:

i calculated 2000bitrate*time in sec and got 1080000000 bits

Not bits, Kilobits. What you calculated would come out to 135GB not MB. 

Let's assume you will stream at 800Kbps (which is really low quality, not anywhere near enough for 720p 60 FPS)

800 * 60 * 60 * 6 * 5 = 86400000

86400000 Kilobit is 10.8GB.

So it would use 10.8GB of data each week to stream at really low quality.

26 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Let's assume you will stream at 800Kbps (which is really low quality, not anywhere near enough for 720p 60 FPS)

800 * 60 * 60 * 6 * 5 = 86400000

86400000 Kilobit is 10.8GB.

So it would use 10.8GB of data each week to stream at really low quality.

yh well apparently ill be using 135gb per month which is waaay below my fup (200gb) and ill be upgrading to a plan with 300gb fup soon anyways