$1,500 for a windows gaming computer okay?

Was looking to buy a computer and came across this:

Operating system - Windows 10 Pro
Case - Fractal Design R4 no window
Power Supply - 650watt 80+ Gold
SSD - 120gb
HDD - 1tb 7200rpm
Memory - 8gbs
GPU - GTX 970 EVGA SC+ Gaming 2.0
CPU - Intel 8 cores 16 threads 3.3GHz LGA 2011
Cinebench score - 2,004

Is that an okay price for a build like that? because i can't find a way to build one cheaper then that and i will be using the cpu more than i do gpu so the gpu is fine but not sure about the rest of it for the price.

What will you be using it for?

If you arent nuking the CPU, you can downgrade to a 5820k, and change the 970 to a 980 or 980ti

All depends on what exactly you're using it for. 

Is this a prebuilt? If so, how much is it?

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

10 minutes ago, Tearspacer said:

Was looking to buy a computer and came across this:

Operating system - Windows 10 Pro
Case - Fractal Design R4 no window
Power Supply - 650watt 80+ Gold
SSD - 120gb
HDD - 1tb 7200rpm
Memory - 8gbs
GPU - GTX 970 EVGA SC+ Gaming 2.0
CPU - Intel 8 cores 16 threads 3.3GHz LGA 2011
Cinebench score - 2,004

Is that an okay price for a build like that? because i can't find a way to build one cheaper then that and i will be using the cpu more than i do gpu so the gpu is fine but not sure about the rest of it for the price.

down grade dat cpu to a i7 6700k and get enough money 4 better gpu like 980ti or fury x for 100 dollars less

I'm buying it second hand and it is 1,500 AUD so about 1130 USD

1 minute ago, Tearspacer said:

Isn't 3.3GHz fine for gaming though? 

yes it is but gaming prefers higher ghz clocks per core dan more cores hence u will be getting better fps if u downgrade to i7 6700k and not wasting 800 dollars

I can't downgrade its a prebuilt system but is that okay for that price anyway because a i7 6700k is $509 AUD here

3 minutes ago, Tearspacer said:

It's a Xeon E5-2670

my advice still stands also my recomendation is buy dat sell xeon and motherboard  get i7 6700k and random z170 motherboard and 980 ti

The cheapest build i can do with a I7 6700k and a 980ti is $2,614. Got anything better that is in the $1,500 mark?

1 minute ago, Tearspacer said:

The cheapest build i can do with a I7 6700k and a 980ti is $2,614. Got anything better that is in the $1,500 mark?

buy dat build except xeon and motherboard and ram hence build is 1300 dollars cheaper use dat money to go 4 2way sli setup (980 ti)

No, Just building a system with only a I7 6700k and a 980ti  is $2,614..... 2 way sli would bring the cost up to $3,613... I just need something in the range of $1,500 because that is my budget. The cheapest 980ti is $1000 in Australia  

You got any idea on a Computer that would even be close to the performance of the Xeon and a gtx 970 for $1,500 aud? Open to options but just can't find a better one at the moment

@RAAL4 Thats USD Pricing not AUD and then works out to be $1,870 without a case

Nobody here realizes how cheap the E5 2670 is. I am running one right now and it is just fine for gaming AAA games on Ultra at 60FPS on 1080p when paired with the R9 390.  You also may be able to get a slight boost from raiaing the base clock of the CPU in the BIOS. I was able to get to run at 3.5 GHz while gaming. In conclusion the E5 2670 may not be the best gaming CPU but it will do just fine.

P.S. That rig above is a little overpriced, but not by much. 

My Work in Progress PC http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/522048-xeon-build/ <-- That PC was built but never booted:(

My Work in Progress PC 2.0 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/540583-xeon-build-20-code-name-xenox (Hopefully this one boots.)