Do i need to apply new thermal paste when remounting Kraken x61

As the title says. Do i need to reapply new thermal paste if i want to remount my Kraken x61.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

omg i lol'ed at that analogy

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

1 minute ago, icey said:

Do you need to go to the doctor when you find strange lumps on your genitals? No.. but it's highly recommended.

So that means i need to reapply new thermal paste? Hahahaha.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

1 minute ago, DND said:

So that means i need to reapply new thermal paste? Hahahaha.

You can choose not to, but people would recommend you to repaste.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

It's probably for the best. Even if you are careful some contaminants might have gotten stuck to the paste while uncovered.

On Wednesday, April 06, 2016 at 0:44 AM, icey said:

Do you need to go to the doctor when you find strange lumps on your genitals? No.. but it's highly recommended.

Depends, what are the lumps' names?

To the OP:  Main problem with using the existing paste is the good likelihood of trapping air bubbles. 

14 hours ago, ThomasD said:

Depends, what are the lumps' names?

To the OP:  Main problem with using the existing paste is the good likelihood of trapping air bubbles. 

What would happen if there are air bubbles?

Spoiler

1 hour ago, DND said:

What would happen if there are air bubbles?

Air is an insulator, ie. a very poor conductor of heat.  The entire purpose of TIM is to conduct heat. So air bubbles will substantially reduce it's performance.

4 hours ago, ThomasD said:

Air is an insulator, ie. a very poor conductor of heat.  The entire purpose of TIM is to conduct heat. So air bubbles will substantially reduce it's performance.

Oh i see. So that means if there are air bubbles trapped there will be less dissipated heat?

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, DND said:

Oh i see. So that means if there are air bubbles trapped there will be less dissipated heat?

There will be the same amount of heat dissipated but it will be less efficient, meaning the thermal difference from the CPU to the air will have to be higher to achieve the same dissipation. This means your CPU will run at a hotter stable temperature which can reduce CPU lifespan.

Do i need to reapply new thermal paste

So basically:

You should.

57 minutes ago, Balde said:

There will be the same amount of heat dissipated but it will be less efficient, meaning the thermal difference from the CPU to the air will have to be higher to achieve the same dissipation. This means your CPU will run at a hotter stable temperature which can reduce CPU lifespan.

So basically:

You should.

Oh so that's what it is. BTW Damn tried remounting and reapplying new thermal paste but my temps is still hotter than it should be. 

Spoiler

you should, but it is not a dealbreaker if you haven't.

your temp ills are prolly from another issue or using too much TIM paste.

1 minute ago, airdeano said:

you should, but it is not a dealbreaker if you haven't.

your temp ills are prolly from another issue or using too much TIM paste.

Well if you were to consider that the ambient temps is approximately around 25-30C. Should that justify the temps i'm getting? I think iv'e put the right amount of thermal paste.

Spoiler

On 4/6/2016 at 0:44 AM, icey said:

Got a problem with my third (and fourth... and fifth) testicle?

@DND you probably should... But it usually doesn't have that much of an impact, unless the old thermal paste was SERIOUSLY old.