FIRST PC BUILD(really this time)

Go to solution Solved by Castdeath97,
4 minutes ago, ArkTheYO said:

@Castdeath97 ok so what i have finally decided is that ill save up for a graphic card and for now ill buy a 6400 after saving up a more that should be a better option! Thanks a lot for the help! and do reply if u think it is a correct decision

Seems like a fine idea by me.

Hey ppl i have decided that i will for sure build up a PC,

my budget is around 300 us dollars and I wish to build to build this system with AMD'S 7870k but i was thinking to get an intel cpu so as ill have an option of future upgradibility as, if ill have to buy an intel chipset motherboard if i purchase an intel cpu so ill have option to upgrade to processors with the same socket!

Is it a good thing to consider or should i go with amd cpu build, though FM2+ doesnt appear to get any processor any time in the future!

Please help!

Here you go, swap the SSD with a 1TB WD blue/seagate barrcuda if you need more than 120GB from the start.

(Assuming you don't need a OS/peripherals/monitor).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($112.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($50.99 @ Micro Center) 
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($33.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($35.89 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.89 @ Newegg) 
Total: $303.74
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-05 10:49 EDT-0400

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

@RAAL4 yes it is, avtaully live in a middle eastern country here coumputer parts are expensive as hell! so yes if i was in U.S. i sure would have one for 6400. Yea so my parts list goes according to the processor i choose ill opt for a good ram if i take amd 7870k but will go for a cheaper ram if i go for intel! SO PLEASE HELP  and do comment in perspective of future upraidibilty! Thanks !

2 minutes ago, ArkTheYO said:

@RAAL4 yes it is, avtaully live in a middle eastern country here coumputer parts are expensive as hell! so yes if i was in U.S. i sure would have one for 6400. Yea so my parts list goes according to the processor i choose ill opt for a good ram if i take amd 7870k but will go for a cheaper ram if i go for intel! SO PLEASE HELP  and do comment in perspective of future upraidibilty! Thanks !

I don't think 300 dollars will cut for a build anywhere in the middle east, save up at least 400 dollars and try again later.

Pascal laptops guide

@Castdeath97 Thanks a lot! but the 6100 is really out of my league right now! And plus on top of it i dont think ill be able to save up for a GPU so please help!

Just now, ArkTheYO said:

@Castdeath97 Thanks a lot! but the 6100 is really out of my league right now! And plus on top of it i dont think ill be able to save up for a GPU so please help!

Then save up, there is no way you can have a GPU at this price bracket in the middle east. 

Pascal laptops guide

@Castdeath97 No, actually i am got in contact with a store where these guys sell seconfd stuff so they kinda agreed on giving me things on cheap!

1 minute ago, ArkTheYO said:

Maybe a G440 with integrated graphics is your best bet at this price point, but even it may not fit into your tiny budget.

Pascal laptops guide

6 minutes ago, ArkTheYO said:

@Castdeath97 No, actually i am got in contact with a store where these guys sell seconfd stuff so they kinda agreed on giving me things on cheap!

Still, if a used i3 is too expensive from them its either that you need to look elsewhere or save up.

Edited by Castdeath97
I don't i3 6100 can be found used lel

Pascal laptops guide

I feel like you could get more for your buck by switching your build to AMD. The only real advantage your build has over an AMD budget build is DDR4.

AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor is like 70 bucks or so.

@CoffeeandBagels But wouldnt that require me to purchase a video card too! Cause i guess X4 860K got no integrated graphics ! Thanks btw please do help!

@Castdeath97  Yeah i guess you are right ! actually there is only around $30 difference but i wish to get a good PSU ! Thanks a lot though!

1 minute ago, ArkTheYO said:

@Castdeath97  Yeah i guess you are right ! actually there is only around $30 difference but i wish to get a good PSU ! Thanks a lot though!

The CX would be fine for basic builds like this. Also can you find a used i3 4130-4170? Maybe even a used i5 2500?

Pascal laptops guide

Hey just had a talk, they are having 4170 at a lower price and the 6100 too they are ready to give at a lower price! @Castdeath97  But why isnt a 7870k a better option ,like sure Intel is pretty high(in terms of performance). Please do answer this ! Thanks a real lot! Please help though :P

Just now, ArkTheYO said:

Hey just had a talk, they are having 4170 at a lower price and the 6100 too they are ready to give at a lower price! @Castdeath97  But why isnt a 7870k a better option ,like sure Intel is pretty high(in terms of performance). Please do answer this ! Thanks a real lot! Please help though :P

It's a bit faster in graphics, but slower in processing.

Pascal laptops guide

@Castdeath97 ok so what i have finally decided is that ill save up for a graphic card and for now ill buy a 6400 after saving up a more that should be a better option! Thanks a lot for the help! and do reply if u think it is a correct decision

4 minutes ago, ArkTheYO said:

Seems like a fine idea by me.

Pascal laptops guide