How to Overclock Amd 860k

I'm trying to overclock amd 860k and I dont no if I can successfully. I have the basic cooler and my motherboard is Gigabyte f2a88x-up4. I need to overclock so I dont bottleneck my gtx 960 4.2ghz is what im going for.

Just now, SCGazelle said:

~Snip~

I would recommend, using the Turbo Core Control when you go to Clock/Voltage for the easiest overclocking

zzwoPOS.png

I always liked this chart, gives you a good step by step guide.  I dunno if you're going to get 4.2 on a stock cooler with that CPU, but who's to know until you try!

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

Thanks for the help im most likely going to buy a aftermarket cooler like the coolermaster 212 evo to get a stable overclock

2 minutes ago, Up_in_Smoke said:

Thanks for the help im most likely going to buy a aftermarket cooler like the coolermaster 212 evo to get a stable overclock

That's a good cooler I have it myself.  It does good for basic overclocking like anything I'd do.  Some boards suggest you get a downdraft cooler though (like the CM Geminii M4) to assist in cooling the power delivery components.  I'd check with your motherboard manufacturer first.

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015