quick release plate compatibility

Hey everyone!

I currently have the Manfrotto MVM500A Video Monopod and I love it, but I wanted to get a (decent) tripod next... I looked at the Manfrotto 190Go! tripod and a MVH502AH VideoHead, Yes I'm mostly doing video work, But I wanted to know if the quick release platesd were compatible so I don't have to sswitch the mall the time.

Thanks in advance!

-GIjs

EDIT: The MVM500A uses the 500PLONG plate, the video head uses the 504 PLONG

Just now, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

they should be compatible, as far as I know most manfrotto ones are.

Thanks, It's jsut annoying to manually screw those plates into the camera everytime I switch.. this should make my life a bit easier... thanks again!

1 minute ago, BelgiumCastGijs said:

Thanks, It's jsut annoying to manually screw those plates into the camera everytime I switch.. this should make my life a bit easier... thanks again!

I feel you, I ended up buying a few adapters for my tripods so they all use the same mount no matter what.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Manfrotto video plates are compatible with each other.

The long plates are one standard, that will work with other systems that use a similar plate.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer