Help with planning to build a project PC from scraps

I recently was informed of the death of my loved 4 year old Lenovo G575's motherboard. That left me and all of the other components so sad, that we decided to replace it.

So I have an old Acer Aspire laptop I destr-disassembled some months ago, and I have its seemingly functioning Motherboard... Just no HDD or CPU. Lucky me, the G575 does have those!

I plan to mount a simple computer on a T shaped wooden "case." Kind of a ghetto version of this: pc-07_v1.jpg

I would like some help with planning how to do it. I am actually gonna do this with a guy that works at a PC hardware and repair store, but I still want all the information I can get.

I don't expect any sort of awesome performance or anything. I just want it to work and be stable. In fact, if anyone has a good idea on what to use it for, I would be glad to listen. For now it might just be a thing to show off at school.

So yeah, my personal achievement would be to have something that works without major problems, and that is usable. I need the rest of the factors and suggestions :P

Thank you.

"Anything that could one day be is as real as what I'm saying
If something is nothing it must not be something in any possible way"

-John Frusciante

Usually laptop CPUs are soldered onto the motherboard and if they are socketed, the chances they are using the same socket are quite slim (and if it was, expect to have to change/mod the bios)...so have fun :DDDDD 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Usually laptop CPUs are soldered onto the motherboard and if they are socketed, the chances they are using the same socket are quite slim (and if it was, expect to have to change/mod the bios)...so have fun :DDDDD 

That is actually interesting, but I know for a fact that the CPU for the Aspire was not soldered, so I hope it's the same deal with my G575. As for the socket... We will see. :P Thank you for the reply

"Anything that could one day be is as real as what I'm saying
If something is nothing it must not be something in any possible way"

-John Frusciante

2 minutes ago, Burz said:

That is actually interesting, but I know for a fact that the CPU for the Aspire was not soldered, so I hope it's the same deal with my G575. As for the socket... We will see. :P Thank you for the reply

No problem, back in the days, I was so temped to upgrade both my GPU (g105m to a g110m) and CPU in my laptop but, that's when I learn't the GPU was soldered on :'( however, the CPU was socketed apart from, I would be required to mod the bios which I had no idea what the bios was back in those days...yes, I've always been a hardware guy so... I still have that laptop torn apart with the new CPU in it...just not posting...only if I could be bothered modding the bios but I already have a new laptop so...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :)