Anyone order a dell xps 13 or 15 from the dell website?

if you have could you tell me two things how long it took from the order date to delivery and what courier service actually delivered it?

just wnated to know as i ordered one on march 31st and it says expected 17th of april but i heard (and i hope) that dell tend to over estimate there estimates to make sure it gets there with in that deadline. 

I lurk a lot

For Dell with most things it depends on their volume, and if all the parts are in stock for them to manufacture the maching

normally if its a quiet time in the year they ship pretty quick

Ive had 2 AW machines, one was delayed, one came like 2 weeks early

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

5 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

For Dell with most things it depends on their volume, and if all the parts are in stock for them to manufacture the maching

My alienware came in a week, probably because i am a 5 minute drive from a Dell service center. Same thing with amazon warehouse I  can literally walk to one in <10 minutes.

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

7 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

3 minutes ago, Sentryy said:

My alienware came in a week, probably because i am a 5 minute drive from a Dell service center. Same thing with amazon warehouse I  can literally walk to one in <10 minutes.

yeah ive heard this but mine got dispatched from the factory in china at like 8am GMT coz i ordered the top spec one so i guess they make them to order since they wont get to many of them being bought

I lurk a lot

5 minutes ago, peej said:

yeah ive heard this but mine got dispatched from the factory in china at like 8am GMT coz i ordered the top spec one so i guess they make them to order since they wont get to many of them being bought

You might need to wait a bit longer :( 

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

Just now, Sentryy said:

You might need to wait a bit longer :( 

what courier dleivered your computer also coz it says Syncreon are the people that took it from the factory i know they dont do door to delivery though coz apple use them also if you pre order a device to send it straight from china 

I lurk a lot

12 minutes ago, peej said:

Yeah the ready to ship specs are normally the base models or specific configs for fast shipping

the rest are made to configure and go into a big queue

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

9 minutes ago, peej said:

what courier dleivered your computer also coz it says Syncreon are the people that took it from the factory i know they dont do door to delivery though coz apple use them also if you pre order a device to send it straight from china 

I think USPS or UPS delivered mine pretty sure it was USPS

Just now, ShadowCaptain said:

Yeah the ready to ship specs are normally the base models or specific configs for fast shipping

the rest are made to configure and go into a big queue

it got shipped this morning probably would of been done saturday if they worked then fingers crossed it turns up soon

Just now, Sentryy said:

I think USPS or UPS delivered mine pretty sure it was USPS

ahh are you in america? damn might still be ups but there not a big in england just have to wait and see i guess

I lurk a lot

I ordered a 7559 on the 23rd and i dont think it has shipped yet. Still says in production so im guessing for me they are taking their time. ( im in belgium)

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

12 minutes ago, Theo said:

I ordered a 7559 on the 23rd and i dont think it has shipped yet. Still says in production so im guessing for me they are taking their time. ( im in belgium)

thats wierd coz i ordered my xps 13 on the 31 and it god dispatched this morning 

I lurk a lot