CPU temp of Asus AI Suite and NZXT Cam different?

As the title says the temp readings of AI suite is different from the Cam software and the problem is the temps are really far off for example the idle temp reading on AI suite is 35 and on the Cam it's around 43.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

I would trust cam over the ai suit. from my experience with ai suit, it's a really crappy piece of software.

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7CNrH

If you want to see which one is reporting the right temperature, download HWinfo and it will show you the real cpu temp

Socket 775 overclocking enthusiast

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pleeper said:

I would trust cam over the ai suit. from my experience with ai suit, it's a really crappy piece of software.

Is it really a crappy software?

Just now, TX-OC said:

If you want to see which one is reporting the right temperature, download HWinfo and it will show you the real cpu temp

Oh okay i'll download it and check.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

Just now, DND said:

Is it really a crappy software?

Some would say no, but I hate it with a passion.

I have a maximus vii hero, and i am willing to miss out on a few minor features if I don't have to deal with AI suite. That's how much I hate it.

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pleeper said:

Some would say no, but I hate it with a passion.

I have a maximus vii hero, and i am willing to miss out on a few minor features if I don't have to deal with AI suite. That's how much I hate it.

Well i think i'm beginning to understand your hatred. Just download HWinfo and the temp readings are the same with the cam. BTW is it normal for my CPU temps to be at 40C with the Kraken X61 cooling it at idle and the the temps would go around 51-55C with stressing it out using aida64? Considering that the ambient temp is hot because it's pretty hot here in the PH right now.

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, DND said:

Well i think i'm beginning to understand your hatred. Just download HWinfo and the temp readings are the same with the cam. BTW is it normal for my CPU temps to be at 40C with the Kraken X61 cooling it at idle and the the temps would go around 51-55C with stressing it out using aida64? Considering that the ambient temp is hot because it's pretty hot here in the PH right now.

Well, no, and yes. My 4790k is overclocked to 4.6ghz and mine stays at a constant 27c at idle. 55c is very good for 100% load, mine runs about 60-65c I have mine on a fan curve that is basically "stay at 40% fanspeed unless ur gonna die"

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pleeper said:

Well, no, and yes. My 4790k is overclocked to 4.6ghz and mine stays at a constant 27c at idle. 55c is very good for 100% load, mine runs about 60-65c I have mine on a fan curve that is basically "stay at 40% fanspeed unless ur gonna die"

Well idle temps doesn't really matter that much right? It's better to run a little bit hot on idle and don't run too hot under load? But i still need to overclock my CPU :3

Spoiler

seems hot for idle at stock clocks. stock cooler has similar idle temps. Your load temps seem a bit high for that cooler as well but not very bad. I think you have bad mounting

Socket 775 overclocking enthusiast

22 hours ago, TX-OC said:

seems hot for idle at stock clocks. stock cooler has similar idle temps. Your load temps seem a bit high for that cooler as well but not very bad. I think you have bad mounting

That's what i'm thinking too maybe i mounted it the wrong way or maybe i applied to much thermal paste? What would you recommend? Should i remount it? And if i were to remount it do i still need to reapply thermal paste?

Spoiler

• 5 years later...

I believe NZXT shows the highest temp across each core, whereas AI Suite I think shows the avg across all CPU temps
CPU (T die) .
CPU Die
CPU CCD1
CPU CCD2
Core Temp
L34 Temp

Or if not avg, it's just showing the core vs the die temp.  I'm not sure which one is more important to monitor and treat?

When looking at HWINFO64, that's what it appears like to me