Budget IEMs?

dbmeed

I have been using MEE Sport-fi M6s for the past few months, and unfortunately, they just broke(not a fault of build quality-I lent them to a friend and they were abused). I was incredibly impressed with them for such inexpensive units, but as they are broken, I am looking to replace them with some IEMs, of similar or better quality. Unfortunately, I do not have much of a budget at the moment-being a student tends leave the wallet rather slim. 

Essentially, what I am asking: does anyone have a suggestion of some decent IEMs, preferably under $50, or would I be better off just getting another set of the M6s?

What I liked about the M6s:

-Curved memory wire around the back of the ear

-Very good quality for price ($20)

-Relatively durable/water resistant

-High quality appearance

The only thing that I didnt like about them was the wire cable-it was durable, but it would never lie flat-it would curl annoyingly and be a pain to try to straighten out.

Im not particularly an audiophile, but I do appreciate good quality sound-I like a good mix-I find a lot of average consumer models tend to push bass a lot, whereas I would prefer a more balanced mix. That being said-I find too much treble is often worse than too much bass, so I would rather it be bass heavy if I cant get a decent mix.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

TL;DR

Is there anything better than MEE Sport-fi M6 for the price?

Edit:

Current considerations:

Sport-fi M6:

https://www.amazon.ca/audio-Sport-Fi-Isolating-Headphones-Memory/dp/B0038W0K2U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459778492&sr=8-1&keywords=sportfi+m6

Vsonic VSD1S:

https://www.amazon.ca/Vsonic-VSD1S-quality-earphones-improved/dp/B00QLBKQOC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459778483&sr=8-1&keywords=Vsonic+VSD1S

Edited by dbmeed

4 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Wait what, someone else broke them? Have him pay you for new ones...

That's what i would do.

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

5 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Wait what, someone else broke them? Have him pay you for new ones...

Normally I would, but I owed this guy a favor, so I waived it

3 minutes ago, dbmeed said:

Normally I would, but I owed this guy a favor, so I waived it

Wasn't your "Favor" letting him borrow them in the first place?

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

7 minutes ago, Sentryy said:

Wasn't your "Favor" letting him borrow them in the first place?

Not really...He was my roommate last year, and we both have a lot of various tech that we share a lot. Letting him borrow something isn't really a favor so much as a matter of course

12 minutes ago, dbmeed said:

Not really...He was my roommate last year, and we both have a lot of various tech that we share a lot. Letting him borrow something isn't really a favor so much as a matter of course

Okay then, I would recommend getting the ones that you liked previously. Or check MassDrop for some nice ones for under 50$