PC Frozen after disconnections

aviationjames

I thought it was when I just disconnected my Corsair Void, but now it also affects my Xbox One Controller.

I took a video to show you, please can you help me. Could it be something to do with my new R9 380?

20160404_115302.mp4

6 minutes ago, aviationjames said:

I thought it was when I just disconnected my Corsair Void, but now it also affects my Xbox One Controller.

I took a video to show you, please can you help me. Could it be something to do with my new R9 380?

20160404_115302.mp4

Can you elaborate a bit more? Is that sound coming from your PC? Does it happen with everything or just certain connections?

1 minute ago, K0MP4CT said:

Can you elaborate a bit more? Is that sound coming from your PC? Does it happen with everything or just certain connections?

It's a problem with the latest build of windows, once you disconnect your controller your computer will freeze once you try to start using your mouse your pc will start beeping once you try to shut it off it won't work because your mouse clicks won't be registered and in the end your cpu will max out at 100% and you have to shut down your pc the hard way, all we can do now is waiting windows on releasing the new update or making the latest update undone but i'm not sure how to do it.

Just now, Speed bump said:

It's a problem with the latest build of windows, once you disconnect your controller your computer will freeze once you try to start using your mouse your pc will start beeping once you try to shut it off it won't work because your mouse clicks won't be registered and in the end your cpu will max out at 100% and you have to shut down your pc the hard way, all we can do now is waiting windows on releasing the new update or making the latest update undone but i'm not sure how to do it.

I used my Xbox One controller yesterday and it was wired. I did notice it crashed however not in the way you describe. I managed to disconnect it, close the game, then as I went to shut the PC down, I couldn't select anything as nothing would highlight as my mouse hovered over it, eventually I managed to press shut down, which just stayed on the "closing applications" screen and so I had to hard shut down.

12 minutes ago, aviationjames said:

20160404_115302.mp4

I guess you need to wait for an update from Microsoft. I think the problem is with Windows 10 specifically, not specifically your PC.

1 minute ago, K0MP4CT said:

I used my Xbox One controller yesterday and it was wired. I did notice it crashed however not in the way you describe. I managed to disconnect it, close the game, then as I went to shut the PC down, I couldn't select anything as nothing would highlight as my mouse hovered over it, eventually I managed to press shut down, which just stayed on the "closing applications" screen and so I had to hard shut down.

I guess you need to wait for an update from Microsoft. I think the problem is with Windows 10 specifically, not specifically your PC.

Ah okay, thats good to hear it is not my PC. Has it been happening for a long time though?

1 minute ago, aviationjames said:

Ah okay, thats good to hear it is not my PC. Has it been happening for a long time though?

i've had tis problem for 1 to 2 weeks now

2 minutes ago, aviationjames said:

Not too sure, I only used it yesterday because a friend wanted to play a game on my PC, but they use consoles so I thought I'd plug it in.